The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

systems for favs

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems systems for favs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freebird
    • Total Posts 9

:cool: systems with favs hardly seem worthwhile as the returned s.p is mostly fairly short. surely it would be better to concentrate on a higher price range as the longer losing runs would be compensated by the bigger profits

kosher
    • Total Posts 17

Couldn’t agree with you more.

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

One of the better systems i`ve used had a requirement that the selection was fav and 3/1 or more, cutting out all the really short favs!

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Hi freebird.

Welcome, systems for favs are a worthwile way to bet.<br>A winners a winner at the end of the day, wether odds on or against over a period of time and the right staking plan favs can be made to pay.<br>Theres no better horses to bet on than the fav if your just starting out in betting, because the strike rate of favs is quite high so this will help novice bettors to build there confidence up whilest making a profit. theres quite alot of systems out there that use favs2yo and 3yo races are good mediums for selection as are novice hurdles and chases, but you must be selective regarding what favs to back its o.k. to back odds against selections so long as not all your selections are all odds against good form selection is the key 1st 2nds and 3rd l.t.o first 3 in the betting forcast is a good way to start.<br>Iwish you luck in what ever way you bet.

Regards <br>Daz.:cheesy:

stephen12000
    • Total Posts 13

I notice that on Adrian Massey’s excellent site he has a table for favs on each type of race, age, sp etc that gives the number of consecutive winners and losers over a  12 year period. For instance, in flat maidens 9 losers in a row has occured 22 times in 12 years. So you can expect a losing run of 9 twice a year roughly. But  10 losers in a row and beyond for this type of race is very rare (10 losers 6 times, 11 losers twice, although there was 16 once).

This could be invaluable data for anyone thinking of a fav system and using some kind of staking other than levels to assess the worst case senario  losing run.

freebird
    • Total Posts 9

Hi All<br>Thanks for the welcome Darrell I agree with what you say about form criteria being of utmost imprtance but to me an odds on winner isn’t worth getting out of bed for.<br>  My normal minimum odds are 4-1 altough I will sometimes accept 7-2 if they look to have an exceptional chance.<br>   After all that well known tactic of the bookie’s called the flatcatcher has stood them in good stead over the years and looks set to do so for ever ad infinitum<br>    For me a losing run of four or five followed by a seven or eight to one winner in the long run will keep me in the manner to which I would like to become accustomed  very nicely thank you

freebird<br>

kosher
    • Total Posts 17

freebird,

the best system i use is wait for 3 odds on favs to lose then dive in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.