The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novices 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

there is a lot of talk about jessica harringtons horse but the forgotten horse is pique sous as big as 25/1 last year in the bumper gave that horse a 10 length beating and given it 8 pounds. One is 5/1 and the other (pique) is 25/1, hasnt been out because they want better ground…this is my dark horse at a big price!!1

http://www1.skysports.com/horse-racing/ … Pique-Sous

You don’t write for Sky Sports do you Mike? :lol:

Or
    http://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Pique-waiting%20for%20better%20ground&prid=66212&prt=L

and if you’re offering me 5s on Jezki cos no-one else is, i’ll snap your hand off ! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

***** According to Noel Meade in Saturday’s Irish Field

Ned Buntline

may not go to Cheltenham *****

Participant
    • Total Posts 89

Looking forward to seeing Un Atout run on Saturday. Hopefully he’ll stamp himself as the class horse i hope he is and then on to the Supreme.

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

I’ve little doubt he’s a class horse but painful experience has taught me (not necessarily correctly) to avoid horses who’ve been winning weak-ish contests on the bridle.

Nowadays I’d prefer to have horses on my side that have battle experience with that touch of class,

MTOY doesn’t have the former yet but if he goes close on Saturday he’ll take a lot of beating at Cheltenham and the same could be said for Cause of Causes.

Melodic Rendezvous and Dodging Bullets have also shown positive attitudes.

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 89

Hi WilsonL,

Agree with what you say about horses winning weakish looking races. I’d hoped Un Atout would run tomorrow and at least get into a battle and beat horses of the ilk of Waheeb and Champagne Fever. I’m getting mixed messages about this one :?

Every time he has run previously Willie Mullins has been bullish about him. The Bookmakers have been impressed enough with his performance to make him second favourite. Wille said he wasn’t in a rush to step him up in distance but then gives him an entry in the Deloitte over 2m 2f?

Willie Mullins then said the other day that PERHAPS his Supreme runners would be Un Atout and Mozoltov. Is he now going a bit quiet on this one, I hope not!!

Any thoughts guys??

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Is Mullins bringing Annie Power over ? Been running her at 2 but sounds as if he thinks she needs further

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Easy victory over at Bangor for Golden Hoof (albeit with the fall of the main market opposition).

I think time will tell that the Tolworth in which he finished down the field was a very strong renewal and really looking forward to seeing Melodic Rendezvous take on Puffin Billy & co on Sunday.

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Mullins has such an array of novice talent, i dont think it’s a critscism to say that he hasnt really got a clue as to what his best are at this stage.
    He could stage an equivalent of the Supreme on his gallops!

Participant
    • Total Posts 89

Very impressed with My Tent Or Yours yesterday. He’ll be suited to the faster pace of the Supreme and will be a big player, however, surely 9/4 is too skinny?

Willie Mullins now finalised his team and throwing Champagne Fever, Mozoltov and Un Atout at the race. Happy to be on Un Atout as still think he could be a class act, although he still has it all to prove.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

9-4 is too skinny at this stage as theres a good chance he’ll line up in the champion.

however if he lines up on the day he could be even shorter than that unless theres one of these good old-fashioned irish gambles.

dunguib was odds on and if memory serves me right cousin vinny was too in recent years. both failed but my tent or yours has arguably achieved a lot more than they have already over hurdles.

of course the supreme would throw up a completely different test than the one at newbury- much better ground, likely faster pace etc, but you could argue that will only help him to improve.

• Total Posts 45

backed MTOY on friday night at 10s,hope he does go for the supreme rather than the champion hurdle,but with JP having jezki in the supreme he may favour the champion,but surely henderson will want to go supreme route :?:

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

I’d be gobsmacked if they send MTOY for the Champion, he’s only had 4 runs over hurdles and yet people think he’ll be thrown into the lions den against battle hardened grade 1 winners :shock: I think not.

• Total Posts 343

Totally agree Fran.

Got Binocular in the champion. He has had two horses in the supreme recently and Binocular and ceebee did him proud. Never understand rushing juveniles. They have stepping stones to take and progress. Could be disastrous pushing too early and a severe risk of a massive investment.

Business risk as well as a tad over fronting a lightly raced hurdler. Really hope he goes for supreme even though I am on Jezki.

Besides, Henderson will be pushing him to go supreme surely. He has Grandouet and Bino in the champion.

Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Will be JP’s call and can’t remember him ever running a novice in a championship race. Has to be the Supreme (particularly for my 20/1 & 10/1 AP vouchers….)

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Jezki I’m seeing more of an Arkle horse after the Supreme is done?

printersraces
    • Total Posts 29

Good performance from My Tent Or Yours, but way too short for the Supreme. Easily beaten by another Henderson horse Chatterbox, who is also entered in the Supreme and can’t see that that performance is any better than anything Jezki has done. People seem to be influenced by the owner as much as anything. This race is still wide open.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

A Timeform rating of 168p puts MTOY well ahead of the rest, must be about the highest rated novice to line up in the Supreme, if he does so.

From being rather pleased to be holding 7/1 about Jezki, i’m now feeling like the Party has been gatecrashed !!

My only hope is that MTOY has blotted his copybook a couple of times and Henderson has an abysmal record in this race. 21 years since his last win despite a host of strong fancies?

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.