The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novices 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

It’s only rumoured at this stage anyhow, but it sounds like a pretty strong one. If it does turn out to be true it does beg the question as to how good the Henderson horse is as you’d assume he wouldn’t be the number one Mcmanus horse in the race. Would Henderson consider him to be

his

number one?

AdamWilko
    • Total Posts 3

I can’t see anything beating Jezki tbh! Been more and more impressed with this horse after every start! Some people saying could be a soft ground horse but his best performance came last time out on best ground he’s encountered! Mcmanus factor and when he wins next start will see him much shorter

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Forgot Waaheb! :shock:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Forgot Waaheb! :shock:

You………..forgot………..an

IRISH

trained horse?!

:lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I don’t know what came over me Boz :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Have seen too many Irish trained horses travel over for this after going through their novice season unbeaten, running mainly on slow ground to be tempted by the odds on offer.

Plus, his record in large fields is poor – including his run in last year’s bumper when to my eyes he didn’t see out the hill.

He has obviously matured and he possibly does have a favourite’s chance but 4/1 isn’t for me.

I’d much prefer to stick with Melodic Rendezvous who looks a thoroughly professional horse with a likeable attitude – evidenced by his never say die spirit when chasing home Champagne Fever on attrocious ground in the Punchestown bumper on only his second start.

He’s another who has to prove he’ll appreciate the quicker ground but to my eye, he’ll improve for it and as Paul Kealey pointed out in Monday’s RP, if he was trained by Nicholls or Henderson he’d be a lot shorter than the current 14/1.

Couldn’t rule out My Tent Or Yours yet, with the fast pace sure to suit and maybe a small saver on Dodging Bullets. I have never been a big fan of the latter but in hindsight it was a solid effort finishing 7 lengths off the champion hurdle favourite (albeit although behind the likeable Raya Star) with last year’s Triumph and Supreme winners behind him.

With his experience he must have a squeak.

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Apparently Jezki has been purchased by JP Mcmanus. Must surely put a big question mark over how well thought of My Tent Or Yours is at this stage?

Desert Prince has done nothing major as a jumps sire. Some decent types but nothing Graded or of the quality to win a Supreme. Dabiroun won a Cheltenham handicap.

Dodging Bullets is 14’s at Ladbrokes, with River Maigue at 8’s. I find that odd.
    DB has been the best of the British so far in my opinion

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Apparently Jezki has been purchased by JP Mcmanus. Must surely put a big question mark over how well thought of My Tent Or Yours is at this stage?

Desert Prince has done nothing major as a jumps sire. Some decent types but nothing Graded or of the quality to win a Supreme. Dabiroun won a Cheltenham handicap.

Dodging Bullets is 14’s at Ladbrokes, with River Maigue at 8’s. I find that odd.

I often look to sires when referencing a horse, but it doesn’t necessarily work as rule that’s for sure. If you’d like to take that on check out Dubawi and Zagreb.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I often look to sires when referencing a horse, but it doesn’t necessarily work as rule that’s for sure. If you’d like to take that on check out Dubawi and Zagreb.

Dubawi is younger and there are signs of improving form in his progeny.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Jezki’s going straight to the festival according to Jessie. I’m quite happy that I’m opposing now, never fancy one when they go straight there after a break.

• Total Posts 1217

Jezki’s going straight to the festival according to Jessie. I’m quite happy that I’m opposing now, never fancy one when they go straight there after a break.

Dodging Bullets and River Maigue both solid each way bets for me, good course form.

JK1
    • Total Posts 1

Jezki has a strikingly similar profile to last years winner C&A – down the field in champion bumper, string of heavy ground wins, trainer comments about better horse on better ground and a break before festival.

Jezki and Dodging Bullets the stand out runners for me.

• Total Posts 1217

I’d be worried that the last few short prices Irish favourites Cousin Vinny and Dunguib were turned over. There’s no denying that Jezki looks a better jumper than both of those two, but not sure if he has the same speed of the likes of DB or RM…does anyone have the speed figures of those at the head of the market? Will they be on ATR yet?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Absolute graveyard for favourite, will gladly take on Jezki.

On Waaheb at 12/1 and My Tent or Yours at 25/1.

JP second string getting up? Captain Cee Bee anyone?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I often see a horse for this from Christmas time and the view of the race becomes clouded by other, sexier types coming to the fore. Menorah was one and i think Dodging Bullets is similar. I’m sticking with it for the moment as i think River Maigue has franked the form, whereas the bookies seem to think it has improved past the horse that gave it 7 pounds and a beating at Cheltenham

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Don’t forget Snake Eyes as well Boz, another McManus horse. Will one of them bypass the festival for Fairyhouse?

And Waaheb, he’s got a sackful!

Forgot

Ned Buntline

too! :shock:

• Total Posts 336

Last time that I was so visually impressed by a novice hurdler as I was by Jezki last year at Leopardstown, was in the same race in 2008 when Hurricane Fly raced away from the final hurdle. Of course Hurricane Fly didn’t get to Cheltenham until 2011….

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.