The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novices 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Zaranava of Jessie Harrington’s runs at Doncaster tomorrow having finished 14 lengths behind Hurricane Fly last time, and with the reliable Chomba Womba in the race we could get some sort of clue as to what the Mullins horse has achieved.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Equitrack,

I may be wrong, but wasn’t there a lack of pace in the race when Zaranava faced Hurricance Fly? It may be folly to take that form as read when assessing anything other than HF’s terrific turn of foot IMO.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Wouldn’t think that would see the way Chomba Womba went and agree itshouldhave no relevance onhow good HF is.

What did get me about that race was the prformance of Go Native.

He never been of the ridle for the entire race and come there at the last going everybit as well as HF.

He clouts the last but that isn’t what stops him. For some reason hejust doesn’t want to put his head down and run. Could be he is a bridle horse but if itsomeything ailing him and they could fix it he’d be something to write home about.

Dodgy horse to bet at the moment but definitaly one for the future if he starts looking keener in the future.

I would still be tempted to run him at Cheltenham if I were them. These horses that can travel as well as him, can somtimes win good races without coming off the bridle. Especially if all doesn’t go to plan with some of the others which is all too commonplace at Chelters.

atriffic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

I see the race closed yesterday. When will the entries be published?

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Seems to me that Hurricane Fly has whichever race he goes for at his mercy. In Karabak and Ainama we have British competitors probably but if this is HF`s choice he will win . Understand he will make his choice after the Deloitte Touche.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Hurricane fly will run in the Supreme, No question, he will then be campaigned for next years Champion hurdle, so long as he stays fit and well!

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Interesting to see Raincoat of John Gosdens, who ran 2nd in authorizeds dante and was blocked his run when looking like running a stormer in last seasons ormonde stakes, is entered to run on saturdayat doncaster in the race, which I think last year was won by sentry duty with celestial halo second. So too is Moores german Group3 winner Persian Storm, who was due to run a few weeks back before the card was cancelled.

No odds for Raincoat in the supreme novice, and Persian Storm looks a big enough price on the exchanges, to suggest they may not be well fancied, but interesting additions to the division nonetheless.

atriffic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

no odds for raincoat as hes not been entered

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Cheers for the info atrific, had suspected that to be the case but did not have a copy of the entries list as yet to go by.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Just a quickie.

I notice that Dee Ee Williams has been taken out of the betting at a number of firms? Has he been confirmed as injured or missing the race??

Not that I fancy him at the minute, I just want confirmation that my ante-post wager is definitely consigned to the scrap heap.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Was watching Kempes last night on at the races website, and noticed that he’d been held on to until the end of his last race and then set lose, and seemed to have much plenty in hand with his opposition. Today he is a significant market mover ahead of the deloitte. A nice looking horse.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Just a quickie.

I notice that Dee Ee Williams has been taken out of the betting at a number of firms? Has he been confirmed as injured or missing the race??

Not that I fancy him at the minute, I just want confirmation that my ante-post wager is definitely consigned to the scrap heap.

Haven’t heard anything but Nick Gifford was hopng to run him in the Tote Trophy and then the Champion Hurdle Blunkett. I don’t think the Supreme was really ever on the cards.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Cheers Pal.

Seems a strange move re: The Champion, but maybe i’m talking through my pocket. I think it was as short as about 10’s at one point judging by the graph on betfair, so i’m sure the Supreme must have been a target at some stage.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Cheers Pal.

Seems a strange move re: The Champion, but maybe i’m talking through my pocket. I think it was as short as about 10’s at one point judging by the graph on betfair, so i’m sure the Supreme must have been a target at some stage.

Dee Eee Williams likes a strongly run race on g/s and it is fairly likely that he will get such conditions in this years champ hurdle with celestial halo and co in the mix, where he can just sit off the pace, and if he is going to run well then that will probably where he will run best. If he doesnt win though and he runs a solid race in defeat then he will more than likely be handicapped for a hard season next year.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Cheers Pal.

A mistake in AP betting we all make from time to time is to presume if a horse is in he betting he is likely to run. Nick Gifford has been talkng about the Champion Hurdle for the horse for months.

Bookmakers are also very guilty of starting hype by puting undeserving horses in at short odds in the hope we act like sheep and they make a killing.

Paul Nicholl’s Tatenen is the best example I can think of at the moment. He won a moderate race and they immediately was made as short as 3/1 for the Arkle ad the season was hardly of the ground.

Cousin Vinny stood alone for a long time as fav for the Supreme and he’s on the verge of missing the race if his own stablemate Hurricane Fly beats him easily on Saturday.

Tough old game the AP market.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Judging by Betfair, looks a done deal that Hurricane runs in the Supreme and Cousin Vinny in the Ballymore- looks the right call.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think Zaarito has a big shout in this race. Colm Murphy usually knows the time of day with his string and I expect the horse to run a big race on Sunday at Leopardstown and put himself right in the Supreme picture.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 225 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.