The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 638

Terrific start …got some ammunition now

• Total Posts 2440

A big thanks too, to General Miller for ditching A Tinkler at the first, to get me off to a great start.

:lol:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Plenty of humble pie eating on my part where the winner is concerned and well done to anyone who has backed him but having said that I think you could make a pretty strong argument that the second would have ran down the leader had they not moved the final flight.

• Total Posts 1217

Looking at the posts on here from the past 4-6 months a lot of us have been caned after that race, another so called banker defeated, the bookies always have the last laugh.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Pace, possibly ground and most certainly the fact he circled the field found out Dunguib. Time for new pilot.

Well done for anyone that backed Menorah :D

Hard to blame the jockey in my eyes. That horse doesnt jump hurdles well enough in my eyes and there is no where for him to go except around a field. Nice performance from the first two.

SHL

• Total Posts 1982

A really great ride from Richard, there. Steady pace, attacked early and the others couldn’t catch him.

It wasn’t until yesterday I saw Menorah’s debut success and I was blown away. He ran like I expected – travelled strongly and showed a really nice turn of foot.

I just wish I put him in the tipping contest instead of the second! Backed both, so I’m delighted.

Get Me Out Of Here will benefit from a step up in trip and I think he could develop into a nice chaser. Few opportunities for a horse like him next season over timber.

The jockey of Dunguib was a worry for me and I think he had too much confidence in the horse. The bubble hasn’t burst and I think he will still go to achieve good things.

Craig
    • Total Posts 93

Well happy – told ya’ll Menorah would take the scalp of Dunguib. Job done, And nicely! :lol:

• Total Posts 403

The jockey had nothing to do with Dunguib getting beat. The plan was obviously to stay out of trouble on the outside and stalk the field. He wasn’t good enough, end of.

bhigg27
    • Total Posts 107

Jockey definitely do the horse any favours. He left him with too much to do. I’m disappointed for the connections, imagine Michael O’Leary offered them 1/2 million for the horse. I doubt he’d give that now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Poor ride on the favourite I thought, gave the horse far too much to do. I thought you could see in the lads face he wasn’t happy afterwards.

Will never learn!

Well done to anyone who backed the winner…

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Apparently all Dunguib needed to do was to have a clear round. He is not the pegasus people made out, so blaming the pilot is not fair. Winning Gd1 races in a bog in Ireland can sometimes be flattering.

JohnJ.

• Total Posts 1982

Apparently all Dunguib needed to do was to have a clear round. He is not the pegasus people made out, so blaming the pilot is not fair. Winning Gd1 races in a bog in Ireland can sometimes be flattering.

JohnJ.

Quite true, John.

Dunguib still came out best of the Irish contingent, failing only to beat two solid novice hurdlers from this side of the Irish Sea.

I still don’t think he did the horse any favours. He may not be Pegasus, but he would have been closer with a more experienced pilot in the saddle, in my opinion.

• Total Posts 1511

Shocker of a ride especially as it was clear their was a very steady pace.

Wasn’t good enough on the day and found little off the bridle tbh.

Need to go back and get him in the middle of horses….this going out wide all the way was silly very silly.

• Total Posts 2440

I still don’t think he did the horse any favours. He may not be Pegasus, but he would have been closer with a more experienced pilot in the saddle, in my opinion.

I agree.

The ride reminded me of the one he gave the horse at Leopardstown recently, i.e. being near the back coming round the final turn.

The only difference there is this time there were no standing trees, there were decent horses today, and whilst the winner and second did it very nicely, the favourite was given too much to do.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Once again Cheltenham exposes a so-called ‘good thing’. I was on GMOH – didn’t do much wrong, maybe would’ve caught the winner if the final hurdle hadn’t been moved, but the winner won fairly and squarely.

Should be interesting for the CH, though with that final hurdle position.

Ground wasn’t throwing up anything, so it must be good ground now. Plodders need not apply for the rest of today.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Gutted… The fact that the front two went up the inside and Dunguib went around them surely made a difference but to be fair to O’Connell I thought he would still get there….

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

But Bosranic, you have to take into account the horse still is not the best of hurdlers, and he needs to be switched off, I would imagine the jockey rode exactly to instruction, can’t fault him to be honest.

JohnJ

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.