Summer Mile – Ascot

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Summer Mile – Ascot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Beat the bank has the best form in this race and is second fav? Don’t understand why at all, won this last year and by a neck nearly won the Queen Anne. Think he should go off fav, but happy to take the 11/4 as second fav.

Beat the bank 11/4

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

If he wasnt giving weight away he would be much shorter

Put him up in my tipping thread at 7/2 a few days ago

His record in group 2s is exceptional and I think he is good enough to give 3lb to the likes of Zaaki and matterhorn

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2564

Absolutely agree with you Frenchy. Had some 3/1 myself with a small each way saver on Accidental Agent who might be dangerous if deciding he fancies running this week and shows his best form. But Beat The Bank at 3/1 is just wrong. I’d expect 15/8 or 7/4 by the time they approach the stalls.

Beat The Bank @ 3/1

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 151

Beat The Bank here as well.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1997

I looked and initially thought the same thing, and i do still, not just to the same extent. BTB isn’t that good to be confident that he’s got 3pds in hands to some of these iMO. The G1 milers are currently a bad bad bunch. Even at BTB’s best ever rating, there isn’t much between them + Zaaki backers could argue he’s on the improve.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

As ever beat the bank first off the bridle but finds enough for pressure to win. Normally I’d have thought I had no chance with zaaki looming and going past but I had every belief beat the bank would fight hard and get up

Really hope he is ok as he is a horse who I owe a lot, as he seems to win every time I back him

If hes fine I want to see him over 10 furlongs at least once as he has always looked to be crying out for it

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Like you FF, I backed Beat The Bank today and unlike many horses wasn’t too concerned when pushed along early – finds plenty for pressure (unlike the second Zaaki who loomed up going well). As soon as BTB got his head in front knew he’d win… But then faltered close home and am sure Silvestre was trying to pull him up before the line.

Been reported he walked afterwards (presumably in to the ambulance).
    tbh If (as seems) he’s got an injury, hope they don’t race on and retire the old warrior.

Fingers crossed. :-(

value is everything
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

I’m reading it’s bad news about beat the bank

Very sad

Such a genuine racehorse

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

That’s very sad.
    RIP Beat The Bank.

value is everything
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2562

What a battler of a horse…not the most talented of them all but tough. Sad day for the stable to lose him like that.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4554

WHAT A BLOODY SHAME :cry: :cry: :cry:

Both myself and Mrsraymo backed Zaaki today but that matters not!! Beat the bank was so tough and always tried soo hard.

R I P Fella

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2564

Just got home and watched the racing and that is a real shame to see. To go wrong a yard from victory is such a horrible thing to happen to such a genuine horse.

RIP

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8723

Sad to say I heard this news also on returning home, it was a real shock when we all thought he ran such a brilliant race today.
    RIP Brave little fella

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6037

It really came as a shock and my stomach turned over when they announced Beat The Bank had to be
    put down. What a brave genuine horse.

Thanks for all the great memories brave boy :good:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Absolutely gutted about this, this season is constantly full of disappointments at the moment. There’s not that many gutsy horses you could name like him, he was very unique and genuine and I was thoroughly enjoying following him as I have done for a while now. He nearly broke my heart in the Queen Anne as for the first time I hadn’t backed him after his lockhinge run previously but he was becoming my Lightning Spear and I’m sure he had a Group 1 in him somewhere. Really sad and took the gloss off what was a massive win day for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.