The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sublimity

Home Forums Horse Racing Sublimity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Champion Hurdle winner Sublimity could be given an intriguing entry in the totesport Ebor at York, according to handler John Carr.

The County Meath trainer initially mooted the Scottish Champion Hurdle as a potential next port of call but that plan has now been shelved. Current options are the ACC Bank Champion Hurdle at Punchestown or a return to racing on the Flat, a sphere in which he has twice won at Listed level.

"We could even put him away and aim him at the Ebor at York, or maybe not run him at all. We are going to make a positive decision in the next fortnight and whatever we decide we will stick to that," Carr told At The Races.

"I’ve a lot of ideas in my head about where to take him next but Liverpool is definitely out. I will enter him for Punchestown and I’ll also enter him for the Listed Alleged Stakes he won at the Curragh two years ago on the Flat.

"He needs to be fresh and the longest hurdle race away is Punchestown – that’s why he’s not going to Aintree. Even though the race (at Cheltenham) took nothing out of him, the travelling did."

Detroit City, Fair Along and Now Sublimity! Whats going on with the world?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I’d be running him over hurdles if I owned him..

But, what do we think a listed winning champion hurdler would make at stud? I have no idea to be honest, probably not that much, but a dual winner with more black type would be worth a few bob..

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from Aragorn on 5:33 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]I’d be running him over hurdles if I owned him..

But, what do we think a listed winning champion hurdler would make at stud? I have no idea to be honest, probably not that much, but a dual winner with more black type would be worth a few bob..

Sweet FA without his knackers.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

"He needs to be Fresh".

So why are they considering a flat campaign for him when he’s the Champion Hurdler?

Let him do what he does best.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Quote: from Flash on 5:41 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]"He needs to be Fresh".

So why are they considering a flat campaign for him when he’s the Champion Hurdler?

Let him do what he does best.

I agree. If he’s not going to Punchestown, rough him off for the season, and come back next term to try and cement his place as the best 2m hurdler there is.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Quote: from davidjohnson on 5:38 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]

Quote: from Aragorn on 5:33 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]I’d be running him over hurdles if I owned him..

Sweet FA without his knackers.<br>

He has a set DJ, keep up..

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Racing Post and Irish form book report Sublimity as a 7-y-o gelding. Where does your information that contradicts this come from?

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

He is a gelding, most Selkirks need that to be any good.

Think they are just tossing a few ideas up in the air, be amazed if he ran in the Ebor of 106, doubtful he would get the trip. A group race over 10fs is worth a try but I’d think the Bula would be the target next December.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Perhaps they are just keen to run him because they like a challenge and enjoy the thrill of giving it a go? Just like thos e jolly Ballydoyle chaps with Holy Roman emperor :)

and would you like to own a horse that is aimed at one race a year?

i think its great news and good luck to them

<br>

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

A waste of time aiming him at the Ebor, 10f seems to be his trip on the flat.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

He was definitely called as an entire on CH 4 last week. ‘First entire to win the Champion Hurdle since Alderbrook’ was the quote.

He has lots of ability on the flat and no reason why he can’t be given a dual purpose campaign

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

The horse is a gelding, and was reported in error.

Little chance of him lining up in the Ebor (likely fast ground) and no chance of staying the trip.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Quote: from yeats on 6:07 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]He is a gelding, most Selkirks need that to be any good.<br>

Which isn’t so surprsing, considering his father was nearly one himself.:biggrin:

aston
    • Total Posts 168

With the ground being as bad as it was between Oct-Feb I can fully understand why connections might want to go down the flat route, then give him a break, and bring him back for next years champ hdle. It makes a lot of sense if your horse doesnt act in a bog.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Quote: from davidjohnson on 6:06 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]Racing Post and Irish form book report Sublimity as a 7-y-o gelding. Where does your information that contradicts this come from?<br>

I’m glad channel 4 do their research… W@nkers!!! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.