The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Stayers Hurdle 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2576

As a Thyme Hill and Paisley Park backer that race today went well.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3656

Yes you’re sitting pretty now!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2588

Feel very good about my thyme hill and monkfish bets right now

Thyme hill pulled for the first mile and still won

Very much the one to beat with a significant amount of potential improvement to come

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2774

Yeah, happy with that though I’m definitely laying it off

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 104

Thyme Hill was very impressive yesterday but i fail to see how he is now best price 5/1 for the Stayers and Fury Road is still available at 14s? That may change after the Hattons Grace tomorrow so going in on Fury Road one more time with the form of the Albert Bartlett being well and truly boosted in the last 24 hours.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 347

I agree with that Take Your Time.

I’ve already taken 14/1 for Fury Road to win any race, but I had to have more on at same price for this. I’m not crabbing Thyme Hill at all, but I think that the depth of that race yesterday will look questionable soon, I’d much rather be with Fury Road at 14/1.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 549

You’re concerned about the depth of the long walk hurdle? It had nearly every single top contender for the stayers hurdle this side of the Irish Sea? And you’re worried about the depth? I’m truly baffled and it’s not like you can say the Irish horses are much better as the English have dominated the stayers hurdle for years

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 347

No Jasolong I’m not concerned about it, I’m questioning it. I’m not worried about it either, it’s a horse race, I was merely again, questioning it. I’m wrong more often than I’m right, and thi is a racing forum, so I gave my thoughts.

It has nothing to do with Ireland vs England. What are you on about? Only an immature clown would drag the discussion down to an England vs Ireland debate, and I’m above that, unlike some.

I’m aware that the Irish have a poor record in this, with the English (and Welsh), dominating in recent years. I have Wikipedia too.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 549

I brought in the Irish thing assuming that was the only logical explanation you had for questioning the strength of this race. Clearly that isn’t the reason you are questioning this race which leaves me now even more baffled haha.
    I’m just saying out of any race pre-Cheltenham, the long walk hurdle yesterday is the last race I’d be questioning the form of. You had the last 2 stayers hurdles winners, the 2 new kids on the block in thyme hill and mcfabulous and other top class 3 milers. How on earth can the form be questioned? Like I said the only horses missing were the few Irish contenders.

And why are you getting so up tight about the Irish comment, yes their record is bad in the race but they dominate more races than the U.K. horses so I’m hardly trying to score points for the U.K. horses as Irish win more than their fair share

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2576

I think the race Thyme Hill won was strong. And the reason Thyme Hill is the price he is now is that he beat a horse who was only a 5-1 shot for this before running a good 2nd so bookies shortened Thyme Hill. No surprise there.

The Fury Road 14-1 may be too big if you fancy him for this and think he has improved sufficiently over the summer. The Albert Bartlett form would make the price more tempting too as some bookies can sometimes trim horse prices if a particular form line has been franked. Similar question regarding Elliott’s other horse Sire Du Berlais. Whether he has improved sufficiently to step up from handicaps last season to winning a grade 1 like this. And he is only 7s now.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

A horse that isn’t currently being aimed here but might still end up here is Diol Ker. He’s not taken to fences at all. To finish how he did yesterday with his bad jumping is a testament to his ability.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 347

I’ve decided to bet Ronald Pump at 20/1. He’d have to run well at Leopardstown to justify betting him this early, as he might drift otherwise, but he ran better than even I expected in The Hatton’s Grace.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 778

Who took the early 7s about Paisley for this apart from Nathan , I’m kicking myself for only playing once

shipithollabolla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Time to be nervous if you chanced some raggedy handicapper suspecting this could be a weak renewal. Looks like we have 2.5 very good staying hurdlers again.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2588

Only got paisley in one bet myself

A throwaway trixie with monkfish and envoi allen that I put on in March

Il be a mess watching this if the first two win as its a 4 figure return

Still think thyme hill has every chance on better ground though

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.