The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

South African racing

Home Forums Horse Racing South African racing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Can anybody let me know the best ways to watch South African racing over here.  I think you can watch it in Ladbrokes shops but do any of the satellite channels still cover it?

Many thanks in advance.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

SIS cover it Adrian – if you can get to any betting shop (not just Laddies) you’ll be able to watch it.  Not sure about satellite channels but you can get SIS in your home I think for an arm and a leg.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

You’ll have to watch, though. South African racing can sometimes get shunted onto SIS II, so I wouldn’t recommend home use, even without taking the cost into account.

Also, races that take place after GB & I racing starts is often results only, although they may be on SIS II these days as well.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Thanks Guys – looks as if team De Kock will have to mooch down to the Newmarket betting shops if they want to follow their horses at home.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2152

….unless their DSTV smart card (RSA equivalent of Sky card) works in the UK.    (They closed the loophole last October that allowed Tellytrack to be viewed without a DSTV subscription).

TellyTrack’s (encrypted) product – which last time I looked also included the exclusive worldwide right, outside the UK and Ireland, to televise RUK’s racing  – has a footprint that stretches to Europe and the US.

Its RSA content (as opposed to its international content, ie retransmission of RUK racing) I think goes to South Africa, Mauritius, UK, Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe.

Satellite details for Europe here:

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos= … no&aff=zap

Within the UK, SIS has exclusive rights to Tellytrack’s RSA racing.

best regards

wit

(Edited by wit at 5:36 am on May 3, 2007)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.