The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Skybet Chase 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Skybet Chase 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Noticeably strong entry this year, and sponsors already going five places….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/15/doncaster/2021-01-30/773859

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/the-sky-bet-handicap-chase-paying-5-places/winner

Don’t want to have a bet just now, and ideally I’ll wait till five day stage, but plenty make appeal this far out.

Royal Pagaille – Market leader, and I’d agree with that. Very impressive last time, and looks highly progressive. Very interesting entry for Gold Cup too, and looks one to keep on side of. 10’s

Terrefort – Promised so much a couple of years back, but has had numerous setbacks, and has also lost an eye. Interesting that they’ve persevered with him, and he’s another with a Gold Cup entry. Absolutely thrown in on his Aintree win, but it was the best part of three years ago. Intriguing entry, but he’s possibly risky Antepost. 14’s

Aye Right – Big runs in defeat this year, and came up against big performances on both occasions. Plenty to like, and has to come into things. 14’s

Yorkhill – Loads to like about his attitude at Newcastle, and though an 11yo now, he’s clearly thriving for new surroundings, and for a top yard, he looks both well handicapped, and overpriced. 16’s

Dashel Drasher – Very likeable type, who won at Ascot on his second run after a lay-off. Out on his feet that day, but I think three miles round here will suit. I wanted to see him get an entry for this, and the 16’s has a generous look about it. 16’s

Sizing at Midnight – Would’ve won The Badger Ales but for tipping up close home, and been looking forward to seeing him back out. He muddies the water for me even more here, as I’d give him a huge chance off a very nice mark 20’s

The Ferry Master – Not one of the bigger names, but really going the right way this season, and there could be more to come. 20’s

Give Me A Copper – Inconsistency is probably his biggest problem, but for all he’s fairly high in the weights, he looks a very big price to me, and ran a nice trial here last time. Not convinced I’ll bet him, but he’s definitely considered, and he’s too big a price. 25’s

Sub Lieutenant – Nothing wrong with his effort at Ascot last time, and that 66’s looks mad on that run. It’s actually tempting right now with those five places. 66’s

No choice but to sit this out just now, and I’ll revisit later, but those are the ones I’m most interested in at this point.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Thinking of adding Give Me A Copper here early at 25’s. Just looks very big.

Trying to whittle down the shortlist. Aye Right takes in a jumpers bumper this week, Royal Pagaille looking Haydock bound, yard form a huge concern for Sizing at Midnight, The Ferry Master possibly a backup to Yorkhill, and have to maybe question Terrefort, first time out after lengthy layoff.

Dashel Drasher and Sub Lieutenant both jocked up this weekend, so I’ll take them off the list too.

I’m reluctant to put a line through The Ferry Master, and Aye Right might just be spot on for his AW spin, but decided to have a couple of early bets…..

Went for Yorkhill initially, but with Haydock in serious doubt, had to add Royal Pagaille at 10’s, so cashed out Yorkhill for now. This’ll get more complicated if Royal Pagaille or Yorkhill get an entry for The Cotswold.

Give Me A Copper 25’s EW 5 Places
    Royal Pagaille 10’s

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

I’m a big fan of Aye Right, and I think that 14-1 is a big price. I’m in two minds though as I’ve bet him for Ultima, and I’m not sure he can win both?

I’m thinking about an ap bet ante-post on Talkischeap at 33-1, as that looks a very nice price indeed.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

888sport are showing 10-1 for Cap Du Nord. I’d like that, but there’s no sign of the race on the site. If they open it up shorter, I’ll wait until Monday, but he’s the fancy here.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

Venetia has them running well, so my early punt in this, is Commodore at 20-1.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

Well I didn’t get a whiff of 10-1 for Cap Du Nord, which wasn’t really a surprise. I’ve a slight aftertime with the price, which I apologise for, but I took 13-2.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23867

Yorkhill for me

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23867

Yorkhill 19.75/1 with William Hill boost seems fair enough

Member since March 2008
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Cap Du Nord ew 5 places

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4919

Right, to get one thing straight, this is the Great Yorkshire Chase!

CAP DU NORD (best price 7/2) is an unimaginative main choice but won well at Newbury and impressive winner Kempton Royal Pagaille has franked what had already looked a decent effort last time.

At a longer price GIVE ME A COPPER (20/1 in places) is lightly raced for an 11 year old. He’s run some decent races including a promising second off a layoff here last time.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Added Yorkhill again to go with the earlier bet on Give Me A Copper.

I didn’t see any official confirmation that the preference was Cheltenham this weekend, but I get the feeling it was. They must reckon he had enough going for him to take that lot on. Given his previous performance, the fact that he’s still thrown in on his best form, and the fact that he’s in good hands, makes the 22’s seem mad.

Give Me A Copper 25’s EW 5 Places
    Yorkhill 22’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Aye right 15/2 for me

Had a nice little jog around on the all weather to get him spot on

Cant see him out the 5 places if running his race

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 45

Yorkhill is now 28s with boost on Betfair and I have some serious FOMO after his performance last time out, so have taken that EW five places.

There’s been a fairly ominous halving of Musical Slave’s price today.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

I’m going with my old pal Takingrisks at 40/1 EW (5 places). I think he ran a decent race a few lenghts behind Yorkill in the Rehearsal Chase, despite being quite badly hampered by the fall of Definitely Red. That was on good ground. The softer ground will suit him more. I also like Rocky’s Treasure at 20/1 EW (5 places). He won last time over course and distance. He is 3 out of 4 at Doncaster. Could run a good race back in form.

Takingrisks 40/1 EW
    Rocky’s Treasure 20/1 EW

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

I also like Takingrisks. He might not be up to pulling this
    off, but he’s going to be coming through a lot of tired horses at the finish
    and I think he has a great chance of being in the 1st 5 home.

Takingrisks 40/1 E/W 5 places Paddy Power

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.