The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Skybet Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Skybet Chase 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2730

Fruity O’Rooney – similar horse to Wogan but possibly more of a place bet.
    Qianshan Leader – still improving, has course form.
    Wayward Prince – stable in form, might be finally coming to hand this season.

Any others ?

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 610

Shakalakaboomboom – massively progressive, well weighted in this race, can do the job left-handed, should be there or thereabouts.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

CAPE TRIBULATION 16/1

Though behind Calgary Bay last time the stable in form has won at the track as well.And be held up to play his challenge late.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

CAPE TRIBULATION 16/1

Though behind Calgary Bay last time the stable in form has won at the track as well.And be held up to play his challenge late.

Good shout there Darren,i see

Cape Tribulation

as the main danger to

Calgary Bay

,both on their day could float around Town Moor on Goodish ground.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2730

Anyone have any theories about Aerial for Saturay and where he’ll be at the Festival ? Think he’s still improving

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Anyone have any theories about Aerial for Saturay and where he’ll be at the Festival ? Think he’s still improving

Difficult one that Mark,a step up to 3m will suit for sure but on what he’s done up to now suggests he’ll get in lightly in the ‘Byrne’ or carry his share against the Novices in the ‘Jewson’.If he goes and runs well on Saturday he could be a ‘Festival’Ch sort who should get in with a decent weight off a low 150’s mark imo.Likeable sort though.

HurdygurdymanHurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1560

Fruity O’Rooney – similar horse to Wogan but possibly more of a place bet.
    Qianshan Leader – still improving, has course form.
    Wayward Prince – stable in form, might be finally coming to hand this season.

Any others ?

I’ve got a plan 8) I sort of half thought about backing Carrickkmines who been in the best form of his life of late but have decided to sit back and wait and not take my eyes of him during the race.

I’ll have a small bet when he’s so far back early doors he hits 200 then If he even hints at coming with one of those crazy late runs of his I’ll be backing him in running.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Would Shalkalacka go up appreciably if he won? I mean is it possible he might ‘not be quite ready’ to win a race of this calibre?

I’ve bet on Junior, Synchronised and Planet of Sound, but I have a feeling Sklkbmbm might win it.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Would Shalkalacka go up appreciably if he won? I mean is it possible he might ‘not be quite ready’ to win a race of this calibre?

I’ve bet on Junior, Synchronised and Planet of Sound, but I have a feeling Sklkbmbm might win it.

Might win what Grimes?

Shakalakabomboom

is currently rated at 144,if he wins the SkyBet chase on Saturday convincingly he will be a 150 Chaser,that puts him in the ‘Festival chase’ bracket for Cheltenham with around 11-7 ish on his back. I’m guessing you mean the Gold Cup though? :shock: but he’s not entered.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Do you guys know if CAPE TRIBULATION will go for this race has he got a entry in a 2m5 race at Cheltenham as well.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Do you guys know if CAPE TRIBULATION will go for this race has he got a entry in a 2m5 race at Cheltenham as well.

Denis O’Regan goes to Cheltenham to ride

Time For Rupert

and i see he is booked to ride

Cape Tribulation

in the ‘Murphys’ there too.Nobodys booked to ride the horse at Doncaster however.Personally i would fancy him more at Donny but i’m more loyal to

Calgary Bay

,i remember Cape Tribulation winning a good Novice hurdle over 3m around Town Moor which incidentally was the race just before the SkyBet Chase itself! We’ll know more tomorrow lunch time! :D

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5767

The trouble for punters here is that we don’t know where the bottom is of Hold On Julio, unbeaten over fences. He could have any amount of improvement in him.

But Shakalakaboomboom holds plenty appeal EW at the price here, mainly because the trainer has at last found out he is a stayer. The question is who will ride? Geraghty looks Cheltenham-bound and the horse doesn’t jump that fluently imo. BG has a way of getting most horses from one side to the other and excelled on this one at Cheltenham.

I’ll wait and see who is jocked up.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Calgary Bay and Qianshan Leader both Ew. Stand outs.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17520

Been keen on Aiteen Thirtythree since the entries were published, think this race could be just right for him, so I’d tend to side with him at the moment.

2 at big prices are Shalimar Fromentro, 16’s, and Tamarinbleu, 25’s.

Shalimar would have went close in The Becher I reckon, but for Bechers getting in the way :( He’s on a handy weight, and I think he’s way overpriced.

Tamarinbleu has shown this year he’s still got plenty to offer, and 25’s would look huge if he took his chance on Saturday, however he’s also declared elsewhere.

Another one of interest would be Galaxy Rock, however he may be of more interest at Cheltenham in March.

Decent looking race at the moment, and like The Argento, I hope most of them stand their ground.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

No, I’m afraid it was just a combination of ignorance and idleness on my part, Kingfisher. I did mean the National.

Have you done any for the National yet? As Private Eye journalists are wont to say: "I think we should be told!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.