The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Skybet Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Skybet Chase 2012

Viewing 5 posts - 35 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1982

Midnight Chase at Cheltenham; 23111151

Calgary Bay at Doncaster; 211

Horses for courses, Zarkava. One of those old sayings that stands the test of time. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Indeed, tweeted precisely that after Midnight Chase won. Hoping Big Buck’s can now restore a bit of law and order to this crazy day.

• Total Posts 1533

Thank God I’m not the only one who thought today was total nuts.

If I backed them they fell if I laid them they won and to top it off Hen and Terry have 2 big winners 2 weeks on the trot. :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Lol well I actually only had a couple of bets & have come out winning, but it just felt like an utterly mad day to me. The Triumph Trial made everybody crazy for about 30 minutes because of bubbles bursting everywhere so even though Darroun won over in Ireland and bookies were slashing his Triumph price at 20s he was still 32s, 34s and 36s on the machine so I soaked all of that up and laid it off at 25s. Simultaneously I was trying to get on Dildar at 16s but the first 2 firms I tried with changed their odds seconds after I deposited the funds.

Then we had the Lightning where Menorah fell at the 2nd or 3rd or whenever with a thoroughly unconvincing and novicey performance from Kid Cassidy. I laid Menorah for a place, the sole reason why I’ve won today but it was rather boring as by the time I brought the video feed up he was already on the deck! At this point I was getting excited since Cassidy was the 1st horse in my Lucky 15 & it just seemed like things were going my way.

Then we had the incredible performance by The Giant Bolster and the fallout made me forget about the Irish Novices’ Chase, then the insanity of the Argento (which I completely forgot was on until 1 minute from the finish) with just a ridiculous amount of bubbles bursting & some very average staying chasers fighting out the finish.

Then I was getting very excited about Shakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakaboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboomboom ranging up 4 out but that pesky Calgary Bay was there as well, which seriously angered me as I said to a friend last night ‘when you start considering Calgary Bay as a viable option then you know it’s time to go to bed or ignore the race’. It just felt like an utterly insane day despite me actually only doing about 5 bets.

The next insane day is in a fortnight with the double-header from Newbury & Warwick. I’ll look forward to that…

• Total Posts 1508

2 at big prices are Shalimar Fromentro, 16’s, and Tamarinbleu, 25’s.

Shalimar would have went close in The Becher I reckon, but for Bechers getting in the way :( He’s on a handy weight, and I think he’s way overpriced

An absolute picture of a horse that fellow VTC.

[attachment=0:3o51uvtj]50m802.jpg[/attachment:3o51uvtj]

Viewing 5 posts - 35 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.