The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sire De Grugy

Home Forums Memorials Sire De Grugy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2767

Don’t know what happened (though he was 17 and had a happy retirement). Moore stable will be in mourning but he gave them some great days. R.I.P.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8217

That is sad to hear. Such a good horse and perhaps did not quite get the credit he deserved.

Condolences to his owner and to the Moore family.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2151

So sad 😥 he was spoilt in retirement, wonder what happened. As 17 not that old really 😥

Vf x

Participant
    • Total Posts 2767

Apparently he suffered a leg injury a while ago. Had surgery and seemingly recovered but it reoccured, or happened again. Lovely tribute by Jamie on the Racing Post page. No secret that he loved that horse.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

So sad to see his name here, what a star he was. Very moving tribute from Jamie, heartwarming that Sire De Grugy had a happy retirement with the family who adored him, and just such a shame he wasn’t able to have longer with them. He will be much missed.
    RIP.

MsKaren
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

One of my absolute favourite horses. I was actually at Ascot when he won for the last time and gave the other runners a jumping lesson! Happy he had such a wonderful retirement, condolences to all who loved him.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Quite a decent horse, didn’t know about his leg troubles, hope he didn’t suffer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3829

Very sad news and another tough loss for the Moore family, even if he was already retired.

He was enigmatic and talented a very consistent horse at the top Level.

I think he deserved a longer retirement.

May he rest in peace.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.