The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sir Henry Cecil Stakes 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sir Henry Cecil Stakes 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

One of the perks of the delayed start to the season and less races is that we see some really exciting match ups in lessor grade races.

I’ve had a look through the card for this one on Thursday and it looks a very exciting lineup with a few of them potential future Group 1 winners.

Tilsit could be anything based on his last win, but he didn’t sound the most easiest of horses. Lord Campari could also be really good, but both are a bit short in the betting.

Kinross was the big talking horse over the winter and has a little to prove to me at the moment I think, again a little short in the market.

Magical Morning I suspect might be better with a little bit more ease in the ground

Al Suhail I’m surprised is not stepping up in trip, this looks like a fact finding/rescue mission

Mystery Power is interesting stepping up to 8F for the first time on Good To Firm ground (looks a fairly good chance). His form on that is 12 (RPR 111, 110). Got a good chance if staying okay.

But at the prices, the one I like the look of, is Al Mutathar. Was not particularly well fancied on debut in a fairly useful looking Novice, but won well. Improvement looks certain, it’s an open race, but he looks overpriced to me and no reason why he can’t make a big step up vs the others at the head of the market. He’s really nicely bred for this, out of Night of Thunder, who is starting his stallion career in a quite exciting way, with a Dam out of Oasis Dream. With breeding like that and already having won on debut not really fancied, he must rate a cracking EW shot at these odds.

Al Mutathar 14/1 EW

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1112

I’d be absolutely all over Lord Campari in this. His debut performance was breathtaking, the 2nd looks a decent horse in his own right for Gosden. Think we’re talking about a Group 1 horse here.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

Money coming for Lord Campari KF, as short at 7/4 now, so maybe I’ll take the hint then! I’ve taken some of the 5/2 still on offer.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

Yeah he’s been well punted and Hugh Taylor has also tipped him today which helped that.

Even if Military March hasn’t proven the form properly yet if Al Suhail can even run to 5pd of his 112 mark he acheived for that run, Lord Campari has a fair bit to find. Wildly unexposed to do so of course.

He was poor in the Guineas and seems to be a keen horse so he’s hard to fully figure out.

5s could be big though with the possible change in going? He’s handled it previously.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

I had a few quid on Al Suhail for the Derby really early on, I’m surprised to see him staying at a mile here to be honest. But if we get the rain tonight, he could very well be a great 5/1 shot. I think we can draw a line through the Guineas, that clearly was a terrible run for some reason, usually those type of runs can be written off fairly easily, more likely that, than not trained on or something like that.

I will wait for anymore betting now until the day of the race as the ground could really be anything at the moment

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Yeah jack

They all need to step up to compete with al suhail, as impressive as the fav was, connections have had two others with a similar profile blow out when stepped into deeper races this season

Id be with al suhail in this and let the fav do it if hes good enough, far to short. 17lbs is a mountain to step upto

Only neg is im not mad on al suhails attitude.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9988

Not given a hard race in the Guineas once his chance had gone, it’s Al Suhail for me also. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

He usually runs his race, and though he also usually finds a couple too good, I’ll stick with Ropey Guest.

Ropey Guest 16’s EW

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

Al Suhail ew for me.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

Al Suhail for me. Money back as cash if 2nd with sky bet. Hard to see past him.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

Have decided to sit this one out. Do think Al Suhail is a shade big, but it’s a tricky race. Gl lads.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

Decided to swerve Al Suhail in the end as well Jack, I think all things considered he is best watched until he can prove he’s a horse for this year.

Magical Morning on an easier surface is very interesting now as the biggest danger to Lord Campari, he’d be the one I’d back if looking for value, but I’m going to stick with Lord Campari, I’m really really hoping he wins well and brings yet another horse into the exciting mile division.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

romped it. :bye:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

As always, sit the race out + miss a winner, ah well!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2055

What do we make of that?

Well done Jac,mike and robbo?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.