Shut up Aidan!

Home Forums Horse Racing Shut up Aidan!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 564

Wow. Some really hostile posts. The guy has the most pressurised job in racing. Surely it would be better for all concerned if he had a press officer like teddy grimthorpe for khalad Abdullah. I think it would be a great job for donnacha as he is a very good communicator and will know the horses well. Or maybe Kevin Blake for example. Aiden has a tough enough job as it is and must be the most interviewed trainer on the planet. Vincent O’Brien and sir Henry weren’t the best at communicating but there were brilliant trainers.

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 386

Good post Mickey

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 543

I like Aidan O’Brien – impeccably polite the one time I met him – but seldom can a man at the top of his lucrative profession have come across more as the slavish mouthpiece for his employers.

The OP is bang on – every word he utters is part of one incessant, eternal advert, extolling the virtues of the Coolmore stallions.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2131

Should Aidan give a warning for the obvious advertisment by shoutingt before every interview

D’you think Aidan’s ever shouted in his life? Although with 4 children, who knows

“DONNACHA GET DOWN THEM STAIRS AND GET TO SCHOOL YA WEE RIP OR I’LL SKELP YOUR ARSE”

“Ana, I don’t care whether you like it or not…YOUR MOTHER MADE IT, NOW YOU EAT IT”.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

LOL. Good point, Green. Aidan wouldn’t shout, so scrub that.

RTV and ATR have just come out with a joint statement:
    For the sake of our viewers – from now on every interview Aidan O’Brien gives will be accompanied by a warning in bold lettering at the bottom of the screen…

THIS IS AN ADVERTISMENT

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

;-)

value is everything
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.