Shut up Aidan!

Home Forums Horse Racing Shut up Aidan!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25862

Brilliant trainer, but he gets on my nerves.
    Should Aidan give a warning for the obvious advertisment by shoutingt before every interview “ARE YOU LISTENING BREEDERS”?!!!
    After every victory he goes on and on about his horse “showing so much speed” – whether it does or doesn’t. Goes on and on about the sire (who’s a Coolmore stallion) “always giving so speed to his progeny” – whether it does or not. So much bull…. that nobody believes him anymore when they do show speed.

Why doesn’t he say whenever an Australia colt/filly wins “he puts so much stamina in to his progeny, he’s so slow”?

value is everything

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Disagree, top bloke, honest, and is plentiful in his praise of staff

I believe him..

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2126

I like him but it does grate. Jockeys also trained to do it, I noticed Ryan Moore saying blah speed blah after a win as soon as the mic was pushed under his nose (in fact a few “stallion ad” words seem to be all Moore says to the camera before he buggers off).

I suppose winning races is just a means to an end- O’Brien’s job is to sell stallion nominations. It probably does stretch his ethics a bit to go on about speed when the claim is dubious but at least people are free to watch the races, look at the times and decide for themselves.

Thanking the butcher, baker and candlestick maker is quite endearing even after the likes of the Circus Maximus training performance. I think that is his real personality not put on.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 373

I just think that he is not comfortable doing interviews nad just wants to get it over with.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25862

I used to think that, Chestnut; but it’s surely happening too often and if not so speed speed speed, interviews would be a lot shorter..

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Aidan’s not here to stick up for himself
    If you were in Aidan position what would you be saying to the cameras, Ginge.?

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    seaing stars
    seaing stars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 64

The other thing I have noticed recently is that someone is really pushing the Galileo angle. Have you heard the one about Galileos giving you everything yet? Read the articles about his fantastic foals? Laughed out loud when someone said Sir Dragonet “has a lovely Galileo pedigree”? (Ok, he is descended from Urban Sea through his dam, but on that angle you could call it a lovely Black Sam Bellamy pedigree; they didn’t.) Gotta milk that golden goose before someone looks it in the mouth… :scratch:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25862

Aidan’s not here to stick up for himself
    If you were in Aidan position what would you be saying to the cameras, Ginge.?

I’d be stuttering and incoherent, Nathan. But I wouldn’t keep on about every winner’s speed.
    I agree Green’, Ryan Moore has undoubtedly been told what to say. Doesn’t seem to go in to spin mode when winning for other trainers. This duo could win the three Group races tomorrow and I expect the same speed stuff to be regurgitated for King Edward winner (St Leger favourite) as the Coronation and Commonwealth Cup winners. :scratch:

It’s a shame, because – as people – I like both Ryan and Aidan. Just the constant spin leaves me reaching for mute.

value is everything
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1205

It’s a shame, because – as people – I like both Ryan and Aidan. Just the constant spin leaves me reaching for mute.

What about the LADS, Ginge???

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25862

I don’t hear much from The Lads after races so can’t judge, ex-Ruby. :unsure:

value is everything

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

I’m in the very disappointed camp when it comes to AOB’s communication style.

Lots of repetition,very little emotion or shareable personal insight,almost obsessive about using people’s names in lieu of any of the above,extremely polite but very little warmth….and the mobile phone of course that MUST be involved after every race no matter what.

I think there are behavioural traits at work here that can’t be helped rather than anything more cynical.

‘Unbelievable really…..’

Sigh.

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 999

I really like Aidan but hearing the same interview time after time is very tedious and I agree that it goes deeper than just a natural aversion to public speaking. Moore’s refusal to take part in the “beaten jockeys” post race mini-interviews is also irritating (though that could be him rather than any instructions).

On a related note, why does everyone think that Circus Maximus’s win is the pinnacle of Aidan’s “genius”? Surely the most likely scenario is that Dettori (who, for all his annoying foolery is a good judge) jumped off after the Derby and said “mate, he didn’t stay, try dropping him back to a mile”? I’m not saying AOB isn’t a great trainer but I don’t see why this particular decision is lauded as an example of his “genius”, after all, the horse might have won a guineas if he’d been campaigned differently.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2126

Well.. not the pinnacle but a good example of training and race placement. To look at his raft of 3 year olds- lots of 12f horses but a gap in the 8f lineup where Magna Grecia should be- and say, that’s the one with the best chance of winning us the SJP, sharpen it up for a mile, put blinkers and #1 jockey on and formulate perfect plan for riding instructions to beat TDH, PoS and anything else that came along, without the assistance of domestiques as neither of the other Ballydoyle horses were good enough to help.

It could be that Circus Maximus turns out to be a really good miler and mops up the weak division but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he never wins another G1 mile race.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2126

Jockeys also trained to spit at the mention of the word “Leger”. ;-)

Crepello1957
    Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 712

Not forgetting this.. “he has a beautiful mind, so he has….” I have noticed that many jockeys have started saying this, but it started with Aiden.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.