The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Seb Sanders

Home Forums Horse Racing Seb Sanders

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    blackfingernail
    • Total Posts 108

i’m not talking through my pocket but this man has gone downhill faster than a volvo with the handbrake off. i noticed the other week at epsom with look here. (i backed the winner Ask) but he got caught out in that race, then after the fillie ran a blinder only for him to give it a shocker in Ireland. managed to cover 3 miles in a flat race. :roll: (talking through my pocket this time) now every time i see him on a fav i hit the lay button. and tonight at southwell he looked as weak as a kitten. i dont know if this has anything to do with that broken leg or not, but he’ll surely be on the way out of Sir Marks at this rate.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

His effort aboard Look Here in Ireland showed he’s not astute enough to be fully effective in top class races, but banging home Prescott hot-pots suits him down to the ground (two have gone in today).

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Sanders winning the jockeys title was a bit like Royal Shakepeare winning the Order of Merit.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Correction…Seb Sanders winning the jockeys title was like any other jockey winning the title…he rode more winners than any other jockey (apart from Spencer obviously). Simples.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

I thought Seb Sanders was like a breath of fresh air, when he shared the title, being both talkative and pleasant, unlike the other high profile jockeys that were around at the time. I hope his injury hasn’t affected his riding.

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

20% Win rate for the season and 20% win rate in 14 days proves you all wrong. Averaging 15.5% win ratio for past five seasons and in that time was joint champion Jockey.

His style has won him many fans because he never gives up, he is strong in the saddle. He is popular with punters and fellow jockeys alike.

He makes fewer mistakes than most riders I see around today.

Too many on this board talk through their pocket

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

20% Win rate for the season and 20% win rate in 14 days proves you all wrong. Averaging 15.5% win ratio for past five seasons and in that time was joint champion Jockey.

His style has won him many fans because he never gives up, he is strong in the saddle. He is popular with punters and fellow jockeys alike.

He makes fewer mistakes than most riders I see around today.

Too many on this board talk through their pocket

Why do people keep quoting strike rates as if they mean anything?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Douglas Bader would have a fair strike rate if given the leg up (well, stump up I suppose) on a myriad of Prescott odds-on shots.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Douglas Bader would have a fair strike rate if given the leg up (well, stump up I suppose) on a myriad of Prescott odds-on shots.

I believe Douglas Bader lost out on the apprentice position at Osborne House to George Formby.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Not Rock Hudson then?

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

Why do people keep quoting strike rates as if they mean anything?

Liars, damned liars and statisticians?

Rob

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29194

Seb is one of the finest jockeys around. Sure he rode a poor race on Look in Ireland. But she has always been a hold up horse. Anyone going through the form likely pace, trip etc. would have known the race was unlikely to suit. And you don’t know the orders from connections.

I see Seb as a bonus rather than a hindrence, top 5 jockey, may be even top 3. Seems to win on more outsiders than anyone else too.

Moore, Murtagh, Sanders, Dettori, Kinane.

Value Is Everything
    Tom
    • Total Posts 205

I would always have Sanders before Dettori, but Moore would get the vote over Sanders.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.