Sandringham

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 Sandringham

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

Gone with Lady Madison, improved with step up in distance
    Richard Hughes doesn’t run many at the Royal Meeting but did target this race with Paco’s Angel who ran a blinder in it a few years ago.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

Just watched her Windsor race again, was better than I remembered
    This is of course going to be a hell of a lot tougher but the big field should help as She’ll be able to get a bit of cover and they’ll more than likely go a good clip from the get go

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

Mine was nowhere
    but nice to see Hayley Turner in the winners enclosure

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

Yes Nathan, first thing is to congratulate Haley, she gave Thanks Be a peach of a ride. I don’t
    want to sound as if i’m speaking out of my pocket, although I probably am to an extent, but what
    a frustrating ride with Hotsy Totsy. She was slowly away and sat behind the bunch on the stands
    side. Clearly with a couple to go she was travelling really well, but I can’t understand why Spencer
    decided to move to his right, away from the stand side, where he was behind everything with nowhere
    to go. He eventually decides to head back over to where he was on the stands side, where there was
    always plenty of open ground up that side, and he made ground hand over fist to finish a running on
    3rd. If he had just stayed where he was, and then took the route up the side, which he eventually did,
    he surely would have made up more that the 1 1/2L he was beaten by. It kind of sums up my Royal Ascot
    so far :wacko:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1057

No congratulations from me. She whipped the horse 11 times in the last furlong. Cheated to the win. Unfortunate for the runner up.

I don’t like it when jocks do that. In any race.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20746

May have broke the whip rules and agree not great to see but the horse got to keep the race under the rules of racing so until a proper punishment is written into the rules it’s going to keep carrying on. I can’t blame Hayley for doing it, a winner at Royal Ascot is worth more to her than a few days off and a poxy fine.
    The runner ups jockey was also suspended for his ride btw

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

What do we expect them to do? Hayley wins the race and gets done for excessive use of the whip, gets a ban but gets nearly five grand for winning!! there is something wrong somewhere.

If for example she had only hit it the permitted amount and got beat a neck and the other jockey (James Doyle) gets done for excessive and wins then people would have shouted her down!!

It does not sit right with me but the only solution is to either ban hitting the horse behind the saddle and disqualify them if the do or disqualify them for excessive if they win!!
    In todays world and in the future they are going to ban whips anyway so may as well do it sooner rather than wait and be forced to do it!

But hey ho WELL DONE HAYLEY :good: :good:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.