The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair Chase 2010

Home Forums Horse Racing Ryanair Chase 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1046

Just means he’s gone, I’d think.

Barber’s Shop has a kind of Sizing Europe destiny feel. Shorter to just put that now as I’ve argued his chances all thread long :|

• Total Posts 1982

I’m a huge Barbers Shop fan, too.

Nicky felt that he paid the price for trying to go with Denman at Newbury and Kauto at Kemmpton.

If you look back at those races, he was travelling as well as anything in the Hennessy before his stamina gave way. The horse kept on admirably at the end, but it was a step too far for him.

He was the only one to emerge from the pack at Kempton before a combination of that effort and trying to go with Kauto took its toll on the horse – he only just managed to scramble over the last that day and was caught on the line by Madison Du Berlais.

He’s shown his liking for the course in the past and I agree that two miles-five around here is perfect for him.

Doesn’t have an impressive win – run ratio so it’s difficult to have any real confidence in the horse, but it would be another grand moment if a horse bred by the late Queen Mother could do the business at Cheltenham.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Schindler’s Hunt appears to be in reasonable form – his third to Joncol in the Irish Henessy looks on a par with anything else he has achieved – and he’ll handle good and soft ground.

A tentative selection.

Oscar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 145

VPU is now 11 years old and I’m pretty sure Alan King hasn’t been pushing him. I think he’s trained him in the hope there’s one good race in him and this is it but he’s flogging a dead horse and his time has passed.

VPU is 9 years old and here’s hoping he puts in a good round tomorrow.

• Total Posts 1511

Tranquil Sea Drifting :!: :!: :!: :!:

Can’t be right i think he scoot up.

The top 2 surely win it….way way to classy for the rest

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I like Poquelin, but I do think VPU has a decent EW chance. It seems like connections aren’t entirely sure what trip suits him these days.

For stats fans, his Cheltenham record reads 11222.

Certainly worth a look, IMHO.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Why is Deep Purple 25/1?

On his form of the start of the season he has the beating of plenty of these.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Why is Deep Purple 25/1?

On his form of the start of the season he has the beating of plenty of these.

Had a small wager on DP last night, but main money goes on Poquelin – just hope the rain stays away

• Total Posts 1982

Schindler’s Hunt appears to be in reasonable form – his third to Joncol in the Irish Henessy looks on a par with anything else he has achieved – and he’ll handle good and soft ground.

A tentative selection.

I can’t see this horse being anywhere else but in the thick of it coming over the last.

It’s pivotal that he has this type of ground and he ran a cracker in this last year.

I’d be surprised if he was 12/1 by 2.40. My ew selection in the race.

• Total Posts 1217

Shouldn’t be any rain today or tomorrow, maybe a little over night but not much apparently………the driest Cheltenham for a while…….I think Schindlers Hunt, Poquelin and VPU will be fighting it out in the end although TS and BS could have a say (hedging my bets I know). A cracking race in prospect.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

No concern for Deep Purple backers that his form in fields of 11+ runners is 1460009P? That victory came on his debut on the flat.

• Total Posts 2440

Im personally expecting a huge run from Voy Por today.

Will probably be wearing blinkers too, which have sharpened him up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I can see an avalanche of money on Voy Por now the blinkers are on Gaz,they will sharpen him up on this ground!Perfect! :lol:

• Total Posts 2440

I can see an avalanche of money on Voy Por now the blinkers are on Gaz,they will sharpen him up on this ground!Perfect! :lol:

Im already on :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Come on Tranquil Sea you can do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Barbers Shop was giving weight when 2nd to Imperial Commander in the PP 08. That form is good for this race. Planet of Sound is too big and a good e/w. Form from arkle has worked out and wont mind extra 1/2 mile.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I’ll be backing Jack The Giant each-way, can’t imagine they would risk him if he wasn’t 100% right, and a 100% right Jack shouldn’t be 33/1.

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.