The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair Chase 2010

Home Forums Horse Racing Ryanair Chase 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 223

I am very sweet on CHAPOTURGEON for this. Thought he won the Jewson in the style of a Grade 1 horse. The Jewson has a record of producing classy sorts in the past couple of years and his manner of victory suggests he will continue that trend.

I didn’t think you were able to double up the same horse for 2 races but SJ let me do a PP Gold Cup (8/1) – Ryanair Chase (14/1) double on him. Anyone know if this is OK or will they try and stiff me if he wins both by saying it’s an invalid bet?!

• Total Posts 2184

If Trafford Lad is back to his Drinmore form of last year, he’ll be a serious player over the intermediate trip. Starts off over two miles at Naas tomorrow.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Imperial Commander will hack-up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I can’t have Chapoturgeon at all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Big fan of Trafford Lad myself

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m with Grassy on this one. Imperial Commander is a very high class animal and could be a Gold Cup if only he stayed the trip. The Ryanair is perfect for him and it will take some horse to beat him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Forpadydeplasterer has the class to be a Champion chaser,if he stays 3m he could be a Gold Cup horse,thats why i would think the Ryanair would be ideal!25/1 will do for me!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I reckon that wasn’t a bad Arkle last season and Paddy has proved himself to be a top grade 2 mile horse. I realize they messed about with him last season but I would imagine they’ll pretty much stick to the minimum trip and try and win some decent 2miles chases with him before heading off into the unknown.

I believe they are talking about the Tingle Creek for starters but don’t quote me on that cos I’m not sure.

If there is a threat to Imperial Commander it’s most likely to come from the forgotten horse Calgary Bay if indeed he’s still in one piece.

HK’s worst fear were realised when everything came too quick for him over the minimum trip in the Arkle. I must admit I was surprised or even disappointed she gave him 2 other races after Cheltenham not many chasers who run more than once after the Arkle. The odd one wins at Aintree but beyond that 9 times out of 10 they are over the top and get beaten. He ends up running at Plumpton over 3 miles in May of all places and gets pulled up.

Some way to treat a horse she reckons is a future Gold Cup horse. To be honest if it wasn’t for Tony McCoys high regard of the horse I wouldn’t even mention him but I see the bookies aren’t quoting him for the Ryanair and was wondeering if anyone knows his current state of heath?

• Total Posts 2184

Forpadydeplasterer is headed for the Tingle Creek alright. He was taken out at Naas today – possibly could run in the Fortria next Sunday? I’d say its odds on he’ll line up in the Champion Chase.

Thought Trafford Lad ran a great race today on his reappearance. Good to see him back to his old self after a few disappointing runs.

I can’t have that Calgary Bay at all. He looks a bit of a soft horse to me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If there is a threat to Imperial Commander it’s most likely to come from the forgotten horse Calgary Bay if indeed he’s still in one piece.

Couldn"t agree more Fist,i had a thought of

Calgary bay

lining up in something like the Paddy Power and thinking i wouldn"t go past him!He certainly looks the part!

• Total Posts 1982

HK’s worst fear were realised when everything came too quick for him over the minimum trip in the Arkle. I must admit I was surprised or even disappointed she gave him 2 other races after Cheltenham not many chasers who run more than once after the Arkle. The odd one wins at Aintree but beyond that 9 times out of 10 they are over the top and get beaten. He ends up running at Plumpton over 3 miles in May of all places and gets pulled up.

Some way to treat a horse she reckons is a future Gold Cup horse. To be honest if it wasn’t for Tony McCoys high regard of the horse I wouldn’t even mention him but I see the bookies aren’t quoting him for the Ryanair and was wondeering if anyone knows his current state of heath?

Fist,

You and I were talking this horse up before he even jumped a fence last season and, whilst we were wrong about his ability to win an Arkle, he went someway to repaying us with victory in the Dipper Novices’ Chase.

He had Tartak over 12L back in third that day, but that horse reversed the form by a whopping 64L at Aintree after also finishing ahead of him at Cheltenham.

Of course, horses can improve, but that performance at Aintree (not so much Cheltenham over five furlongs shorter) should have told Henrietta that perhaps the horse was OTT by that time.

Instead, she ran the poor thing over three miles at Uttoxeter a month later.

If you cast your minds back to the Arkle, I think the fall of Tatenen hampered him. After that, he was never fluent at his fences and didn’t jump with any consistency at Aintree and also made mistakes at Uttoxeter.

Not the same horse we saw at Doncaster, Cheltenham and Ascot.

I think his confidence was shot early on in the Arkle, which is always a rough race. Some have called him a ‘dodger’ in the past and there’s no denying his ability should have won him more than two races.

There’s a big difference between a horse that ‘dodges’ a fight and a horse that is mentally fragile. I just wonder if this horse has ever had great confidence in himself and running him at Aintree, let alone Uttoxeter, was an awful decision.

I remember reading an article on the horse before the Arkle and his stable lass’s initial impression of the horse, who stands 17.3, was ‘If this horse is a lunatic I’m in trouble’. Quite the opposite, in fact. He’s one of the kindest horses in the yard, apparently.

Henrietta should never have ran him at Uttoxeter for two reasons. One, he was obviously OTT. Second, he was never going to stay three miles at that stage of his career.

I made this statement when people were talking of him as a potential Gold Cup horse of the future. I saw the horse run at Exeter before an attempt at the Supreme Novices’ in 2008 and he blatently failed to stay two miles-four that day.

He was a very talented, yet backward 5YO. Last season, you could see he still had alot of filling out to do. A big, beautiful, but very ‘gawky’ animal who I knew we wouldn’t see the best of for another couple of years.

He was never going to be strong enough to see out three miles last season and I mentioned on here that connections should stick to two miles four / five this season. Maybe an easy three.

His reappearance last season was delayed because he suffered an injury when falling over on the road,

but you will be pleased to know that he is entered for the Hennessy and is currently quoted at 33/1.

I hope he isn’t a lost cause and can recover from last season to show us what he is truly capable of.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The Listener won in a hack on Saturday, and if the ground somehow came up heavy he would be in his element. He’s not exactly a betting proposition though!

• Total Posts 201

Can’t have The Listener. Cheltenham has not been a happy hunting ground for the grey. His fall in the RSA chase has stayed with him and it’s unlikely he would get his ground.

• Total Posts 4293

I’m on Imperial Commander for this as well. As mentioned in the Ante-Post bets thread, I find it hard to believe he isn’t half the price.

I’ve just noticed that Albertas Run has an entry in the 2m3f G2 on Saturday, and I was wondering whether there was a chance he might end up in this?

• Total Posts 223

I’m on Imperial Commander for this as well. As mentioned in the Ante-Post bets thread, I find it hard to believe he isn’t half the price.

I’ve just noticed that Albertas Run has an entry in the 2m3f G2 on Saturday, and I was wondering whether there was a chance he might end up in this?

AR is nowhere near quick enough for the Ryanair. I’ve backed him for the GC at 200/1 though

• Total Posts 113

AR is nowhere near quick enough for the Ryanair. I’ve backed him for the GC at 200/1 though

Nowhere near good enough for a gold cup either barring a catastrophe unfortunately.Always had a soft spot for albertas run as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Super ride from mcCoy on Alberta’s Run there.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.