The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Ryanair 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1239

The market now suggests altior is not running this weekend

At some point his participation in any race at Cheltenham comes into question

Glad I only had a free bet on him

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 178

Pleased to see that Altior is not going to run in this race.

Just wish Henderson did not make these sort of announcements via a bookmaker.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16804

Added Cadmium here.

Although I still can’t see past A Plus Tard, should he go for it, I’m not regretting taking the money and running with him, as it saves me waiting out the final call.

I was really blown away by Cadmium at Aintree, and I’m hoping that Mullins can get him back to that level once the yard gets properly going.

Cadmium 130’s

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

I am 100% behind A Plus Tard for this one got him at 16/1 before he beat Chacun..Frodon looked good and maybe back to himself but its a little too late in the day for me personally..Meade seems to think Road to Respect is a different horse this year is alot more stronger maybe so id be having a look there if A Plus Tard took a chance in the champ chase

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

Like the Cadmium shout VTC at that sort of price. Might join you with whatever i can get matched….little late to get that price i’d guess.

*edit*

As i feared i can’t get near 130s. 75s only available.

Given the fact i wouldn’t be surprised if he was beat this weekend (if taking part) i’ll leave him.

One that interested me and i took the only £4 available was Voix Du Reve at 250s. Poor run last time, but some of mullins weren’t running well at all. He first run of the year was promising + he has form left handed for all most of it is right handed. I can’t see him going over a GC trip and this race can cut up. Happy enough to take a cheap punt.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1677

I’m taking Riders Onthe Storm here. He’ll need to settle better but he looks like he could be anything.

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

HDB said in the racing post today that APT will pretty much be going here although id imagine that changes if he wins again at 2 miles! They would have to fancy there chances (hope he comes a very strong 3rd!)

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16804

Sorry Jack, I just seen your reply about Cadmium. I’m hopeful with him, and I’m convinced that The Topham run was not one of a handicapper.

Good luck with Voix Du Reve. I’m a fan of him as well, and I was expecting him in The Thyestes. He’s better than he’s shown recently, and that’s a fair bet.

A Plus Tard still my main hope, and though not as big a profit margin as with some of the other races, I still had some wiggle room for one more, so
    I’ve added Politologue.

The price I got suggests there’s either an issue, or he’s Champion Chase bound, but I had to take it. Nicholls can get a wee bit extra out of this type, so I’d love to see him head here.

Politologue 240’s

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1191

A Plus Tard 5/1 NRNB is a right bet. Beat CPS easily enough at a distance short of his best and Cheltenham course form is massive.
    This is his target and if you look through the potential field it’s hard to see three horses that would push this beast out of the frame.

Min did nothing for me on Sunday, jumping wasn’t great and his Durkan win hasn’t exactly worked out. Think he’ll probably lead APT most of the way and APT will come by him after the second last.

Ridersonthestorm is a good progressive horse which NTD has done an excellent job with but he’s still needing to improve to win this and Ascot next weekend isn’t an ideal prep for this.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1239

If altior bolts up tomorrow I will be hovering over the 10/1 defi du seuil for this

“But while Hobbs was impressed, it is Altior who will have a bigger impact on Defi Du Seuil’s target. He said: “Chacun Pour Soi ran very well but we’ll watch Altior this weekend as well, that’s the important thing really. We’ll see what happens on Saturday and then decide which race we go for.””

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1239

Have had a fiver on defi for this on the exchange at 16.5

Worth throwing away a fiver at that price imo

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

I was undecided about this race, but had been looking at Hardline. Oddschecker is showing a lot of blue, so I’m wondering if he is the Pricewise selection.

I’ve decided to bet him just now, and I took 50/1 ew

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2724

The last of my unlikely NRNB horses (for now) is Voix du Reve at 66-1 ew. Soundly put in his place by Real Steel amongst others this season, not very big, makes a hatful of mistakes, tried to run out on his last start, probably not got the engine to be absolutely top class anyway even if he was a reliable jumper. Sounds appealing huh?
    But he was Ruby’s first choice in the JLT last year and spring ground (possibly the reason for not being declared tomorrow) could help.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

Riders Onthe Storm. :good:

Only problem now is recovery time.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 258

I’ve got him at 12-1 but like you that’s was a hard race fingers crossed

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.