The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rule Supreme

Home Forums Horse Racing Rule Supreme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Just been having a bit of a nose on the Irish Point to Point site and came across the former Sun Alliance winner winning the Open at Ballingary last Monday at the ripe old age of 13. Good to see a good warrior like that winning again

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Crikey!

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

And he won an earlier Open p-t-p at the Balindenisk (Co. Cork) fixture at the beginning of May.
    The old boy appeared to be in great heart and thoroughly enjoyed his outing, winning nicely and with the minium of fuss.
    Now owned and trained by that canny operator Michael Winters ( who is not averse to having a tilt at the ring when appropriate). :wink:

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Now owned and trained by that canny operator Michael Winters ( who is not averse to having a tilt at the ring when appropriate). :wink:

Any relation to Bernie?

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Bernie the comedian (R.I.P ) ?
    I wouldn’t think so, Rory, ……….. Michael Winters to best of my knowedge would be unlikely to claim to possess any of the comic talent or Jewish heritage of dear old Bernie.
    (Although, if memory serves, I seem to vaguely recall that Bernie did at one time perform a duo act with a brother — also called Michael.) :?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.