The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rude Health

Home Forums Horse Racing Rude Health

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

Appalling decision about this horse it is declared a runner even though it didnt line up with the other horses or jump off, how the hell was this horse not withdrawn. Disgusting once again racing shoots itself in the foot, how is the sport going to get its intrgrity back with decisons like this.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Yeh, i completely agree.

Should have been declared as a Non-runner.

Feel sorry for people who have backed it and wont get their money back.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Was just about to start a thread myself Steve and say the same.

However, I will copy and paste what I was going to say in that thread just in case anyone is in the dark as to what actually happened.

Rude Health in the first race, backed from 11/1 to 4/1, stands motionless 50 yards behind the rest of the field. The horse clearly is not going to race. The tapes go up and the race is run.

After the race, the official result says that Rude Health was a runner – a disgrace in itself as the pictures clearly show the horse was never going to line up and never going to run.

The trainer of Rude Health gets interviewed on ATR after coming straight out of the stewards room. He says that the stewards told him the horse did not come under orders. Therefore the horse should be a non runner. But the ‘weighed in’ signal is given, no rule 4 whatsoever and the horse is still officially deemed to have ran, despite the stewards saying it didn’t come under orders.

The starter says that to his knowledge the hrose did come under orders and refused to race, therefore for betting purposes, the horse ran.

What is going on in our racing world?

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Have just heard that he will be classed as a non-runner and didn’t come under orders.

Punters should get their money back, and rightfully so too.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Have just heard that he will be classed as a non-runner and didn’t come under orders.

Where have you heard that?

The horse was a 4/1 shot so if it was deemed a non runner, there would have been a rule 4. The ‘weighed in’ signal was given half an hour ago, there was no rule 4 and the horse was deemed to have ran.

I hope you are right and they have made a U-turn and now declared it as a non runner. But whatever they have now decided, it’s a total farce.

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Here is the result according to ATR,

Still deemed to have ran;

http://www.attheraces.com/card.asp?race … av=results

Perhaps some bookmakers are just giving the punters their money back on the horse, which would be a great gesture considering the horse is still officially showing to have ran.

Mike

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

If this decision isn’t reversed then there can never ever be a non runner declared in a jumps race again, i wish atr replay showed this because for people who haven’t seen it it really is as bad we are making it out to be.

The horse was never with the others at any point

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

It really is a farce.

They have just interviewed an ‘official’ on ATR who said it’s down to the starter what he does. Are you telling me that the starter didn’t have the common sense to declare it a non runner?

If the same situation had happened on a flat race (a horse planting itself 50 yards before the stalls), they would have gone without it and declared it a non runner, simple as. If a horse is going to plant itself and not walk up to the start, how can they bring it under orders and declare it a runner?

Dale Tempest from SkyBet has called it a disgrace, good on him, and SkyBet are refunding anyone who backed the horse. Good on them. I hope all other bookies follow suit, though I doubt it.

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Where have you heard that?

The horse was a 4/1 shot so if it was deemed a non runner, there would have been a rule 4. The ‘weighed in’ signal was given half an hour ago, there was no rule 4 and the horse was deemed to have ran.

I hope you are right and they have made a U-turn and now declared it as a non runner. But whatever they have now decided, it’s a total farce.

Mike

I heard it on the radio.

Was said that they have now said it went off as Not under orders and therefore a non-runner.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Unfortunately they have got it wrong Gareth, though you can hardly blame them for the confusion as it probably came about when the stewards told the trainer that it didn’t come under starters orders. However, the starter says it did and it has been officially declared to have ran.

This is why it’s a total farce.

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Well that is a complete and utter farce.

Even Jim McGrath said in commentary that he didn’t jump off with the rest and is therefore a non-runner.

How can the starter get it completely wrong and be the only 1 to see that he was a non-runner.

Absolute disgrace.

Gareth.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

It gets worse.

Christian Williams, the jockey of Rude Health, says that to his understanding the starter told him it was withdrawn. Yet it’s the starter who is saying it ran :shock: .

The owner of the horse has emailed ATR and says she is totally disgusted that the horse was deemed to have ran, and if the decision is not reversed she will consider severing all links with horse racing – a strong statement indeed.

Mike

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

It gets worse.

Christian Williams, the jockey of Rude Health, says that to his understanding the starter told him it was withdrawn. Yet it’s the starter who is saying it ran .

The owner of the horse has emailed ATR and says she is totally disgusted that the horse was deemed to have ran, and if the decision is not reversed she will consider severing all links with horse racing – a strong statement indeed.

Mike

That explains where the market support came from. Presumably connections didn’t bet it with skybet :lol:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.