The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2011

Viewing 16 posts - 86 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

I am a very heavy gambler.

Firstly I was alerted by the surge of money on a Webber horse at Cheltenham.
    Let me explain myself, most races at Cheltenham are won by top trainers in the UK or top trainers in Ireland or plotted horses.
    Northern trainers have an abysmal record and so on.

This morning, I was faced by a horse by the aforementioned trainer at 7/4 , second favourite, 9/1.

It stunk.. :shock:

Never have I seen such manipulation of the market, it is a novice chase.

It got worse whereby the hot favourite finished last.

In my calculations, £20m was on the small stable’s horse. Outside Ireland I have never witnessed this before, and when the inevitable demise happened there were parties in pubs.

Just think…

regards,

doyley

Participant
    • Total Posts 32971

I was amazed to hear Webber say before the race that TFR would be held up. He’s usually tracking the pace and likes a prominent position. In the past he’s been pushed along when crowded. Don’t think Kennedy wanted to be in that exact position, but for a stayer who wants to race prominently, it’s asking a lot. Still confident TFR will prove best of these by some way.

EDIT:
    Seems Time For Rupert broke a blood vessel.

Value Is Everything
    doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

The LAY position of Rupert must provoke a cause for concern

regards,

doyley

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Time For Rupert bled, apparently

• Total Posts 1982

Wayward Prince is arguably the one to take out of the race. Was a bit sticky at some of his fences and needed all of McCoy’s urgings to keep him in the race. The horse responded admirably.

A potential Grand National horse?

I’d agree with that Bosranic, there was a lot to like, and I thought Grand National straight away too.

I wonder if they’ll be tempted by the Scottish National this year?

Gone To Lunch finshed a gallant second after being pulled up in the RSA behind Cooldine a few years ago.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

Looked like a poor renewal beforehand, with only TFR a pssible future Gold Cup contender. Still looks like a poor renewal, but these may be progressive horses. In the early part of the season Bostons Angel and Magnamimity would have had a very low rating, but their form against each other seems to be consistent, and they both seem to be improving.
    They may surprise me, but I don’t think so

• Total Posts 2184

If Quel Esprit was to get his jumping together he could be a serious horse. He’s got a hell of an engine. He’s been rated as the best long-term prospect in Closutton for a long while.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Well, I too backed Micky D and I cannot see how anyone could determine he was the winner before falling.

He was lobbing along but I was never convinced he was far from seriously coming off the bridle.

Gutsy display from the winner. TFR – WTF more like it?!

If he has bled at least that would explain the abysmal performance.

Zip

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

time for rupert? its time the bha banned whips over 2 mile the horse was whipped far too much, it looked doped to me ? it was the worst run ive ever seen by a fav of a big race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32971

Don’t be so daft.

Dope!

It was a mixture of bursting a blood vessel and a usually prominent runner being held up.

I had 8/1 about the horse. So he ran poorly, get over it.

Get On Time For Rupert for the 2012 Gold Cup.

Value Is Everything
    bethbexon
    • Total Posts 6

wayward prince what a machine! before today weird al camp and wayward, now were all on wayward!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

time for rupert? its time the bha banned whips over 2 mile the horse was whipped far too much, it looked doped to me ? it was the worst run ive ever seen by a fav of a big race.

I think he will be sporting headgear before he has run five more races.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

If Quel Esprit was to get his jumping together he could be a serious horse. He’s got a hell of an engine. He’s been rated as the best long-term prospect in Closutton for a long while.

Completely agree IC – looks like a future GC contender to me if they can sort the jumping. I’d had 22-1 and was head in hands when he ploughed through the third last. Sure he would have been involved in the finish.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

well ginger if he broke a blood vessel he must have done it on the gallops and it went unnoticed, he never raised a gallop from the very start of the race, what got me was the way the jockey whipped the horse ,there was no need for that treatment, you could see from the start of the race that he had nothing to come, i would be very wary of horses that break blood vessels as they are prone to them and are never the same horse after.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

I backed Jessies dream way back at big prices and was happy enough with the place (would’ve been ecstatic with the win),i felt Murphy gave the horse a good ride,maybe got to the front a few strides too early but at the same time if he left it until half way up the run in and didn’t get up he’d be getting cursed,but a lot of other punters i’ve been talking to who backed him said he gave the horse a desperate ride?
    I’d like to hear opinions from some of you with more knowledge than myself(I’ve only been following racing for 9-10 years and have never ridden on a racecourse)am i just not being critical enough or are the others talking out of their pockets?

• Total Posts 2184

I backed Jessies dream way back at big prices and was happy enough with the place (would’ve been ecstatic with the win),i felt Murphy gave the horse a good ride,maybe got to the front a few strides too early but at the same time if he left it until half way up the run in and didn’t get up he’d be getting cursed,but a lot of other punters i’ve been talking to who backed him said he gave the horse a desperate ride?
    I’d like to hear opinions from some of you with more knowledge than myself(I’ve only been following racing for 9-10 years and have never ridden on a racecourse)am i just not being critical enough or are the others talking out of their pockets?

He was just outstayed IMO. I’d have no qualms with how he was ridden.

Looking back at the replay of this race again, I still think Quel Esprit would have won cosily had he stood up. All he does is gallop and stay. Serious Gold Cup horse for next year if Willie can get his jumping together.

Viewing 16 posts - 86 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.