The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

time for rupert will win the rsa chase, he is the 2nd best stayer in racing just behind big bucks.

bainsey2k10
    • Total Posts 19

sorry skyelaw again i have to disagree

he could well win but 9/4 is a ridiculous price

he is flattered by being 2nd to big bucks, who scooted up and won with loads in hand (something had to be second)! and he has beaten nothing all year – closest horse to him is going for a 4miler!

if Mikael gets there in anything like his hurdles form and jumping holds up he’ll win alright

ChrisHardiman
    • Total Posts 28

Venture to Cognac "Time For Rupert for me, at this very early stage. To be honest that’s through a lot of sentiment, as he’s probably my favourite horse in training at the moment, but I do genuinely think there’s still a lot more to come from him.

One that has been a bit of a disappointment is Aiteenthirtythree. Was really hyped up before, but I’ll be keeping an eye on him too. Willing to give him another chance

Credit where credit is due Venture to Cognac, you wrote this back on 1st September 2010 and both horses have gotten through the season healthy for the most part and are much shorter prices for the RSA Chase now than they were. Its hard enough to find 1 to get through the season but to find 2 is pretty good going, hope you were on at big prices,

Time For Rupert wins this race for me, nothing else will get near him :roll: :shock:

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

No knocking Time For Rupert, but the horse that’s caught my eye lately has been Master Of The Hall. Won well at Ascot the other week, and I think he’s certainly got the ability – and the price – to be a worthwhile each way bet.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

• Total Posts 15020

Thanks Chris, yeah, takes a bit of luck to get through unscathed. Don’t have a single on Time For Rupert, but got him in a couple of mug15’s at 12’s, would be a nice return, cos I’ve got him paired with Midnight Chase at 100’s. You never know.

Aiteenthirtythree I’ve got at 85’s, but only managed to get £2 on, but I’m still happy with that.

I’ve also got Quito De La Roque at prices up to 300’s for the same race, though it’s touch and go whether or not he goes. That would be a very good result for me.

Any 3 of them would make me happy, but I think there’s some really nice horses going, Jessies Dream, Wymott, and Wayward Prince are a big worry, to name but 3. Fingers crossed anyway.

Good luck with your bets for the week.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

time for rupert looks nailed on for the rsa chase? there is no big bucks to worry about as hes in the world hurdle. anything that can run big bucks to just over 3 lengths pulling away from the field is a good clue to this race as there is nothing of that calibre here.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Agreed Skyelaw.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve been with Wayward Prince since I saw him at Huntingdon in October and am yet to be persuaded to jump ship.

• Total Posts 45

I’ve been with Wayward Prince since I saw him at Huntingdon in October and am yet to be persuaded to jump ship.

ditto,

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Time For Rupert and Mikael D’Haguenet.

jmfitz
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

The fact that PN is so keen on Aiteen33 and Ruby won’t commit is a strong indicator to how well he expects Mikael D’H to run. Personally I think he’s right up there with with Cue Card and Robinson Collonges as the best bets of the Festival…yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Total Posts 2440

I agree.

I think Wayward Prince is a very good horse, and i think one which people haven’t talked up that much.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

I agree.

I think Wayward Prince is a very good horse, and i think one which people haven’t talked up that much.

On at 20s from late January and also in an e/w double with Blazing Bailey.

Ballybricken
    • Total Posts 14

RSA Chase

The Gold Cup for novice chasers. Has regained status after gainig a bad reputation for leaving its mark on young horses. It remains a serious test of jumping and staying ability that requires a very tough animal to succeed.
    Time For Rupert has long been favourite for this and while he’s made a decent start to his chasing career, the feeling is he’s being rated on his hurdling form and proximity to Big Bucks in last years World Hurdle(never looked liked winning). At 9/4 its a potential winner I wont be upset to let go.
    AitennThirtyThree has improved dramatically for the switch to fences and should be a fine type for staying chases in future. While he’s yet to fall though he has a tendency to take a chance at some of his fences and thats a very risky proposition in this race.
    Wymott has a similar profile to last years runner up Burton Port but has yet to run at the track(major negative for non Irish contenders).
    Jessies Dream would have to prove he truely gets the trip having looked outstayed over 2m6 recently.
    Mikael D’Haguenet looks to have gone sour and I wouldnt back him with someone elses money at the minute.
    In Bostons Angel and Quito De La Roque there are two stayers straight out of the Weapons Amnesty mould and you would think ideal for this race particularly if the ground was testing on the day. Both wil ideally want further in time though and you’d worry about the pace if the ground was decent.
    Wayward Prince remains a horse of enormous potential as former Grade 1 winner at 3m over hurdles and a course and distance winner over fences here earlier this year. His only defeats have come on soft ground so would be a swerve on that but he should go well at a nice price in an open race.

Selection : Wayward Prince @ 12/1 (if Gd/Sft or better)
    Quito De La Roque (if Soft)

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Mikael abilty wise is the best horse in the race for me which is why Ruby wants to ride him over 1833, but the RSA could ruin Mikael and they should be going for the Arkle with him, his performances to me suggests he hasn’t the toughness with his inexperience over his jumps yet to make it count in a RSA, think its a big mistake by Ruby and if it gets like a gruelling battle stamina horses will laugh at him, the RSA always seemes to be as one of the most gruelling races at the festival.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Well I’ve backed Micky D and I don’t think he would stand a chance in the Arkle. He was outpaced over the shorter trip in Ireland recently and even over a longer trip last time out he just seemed to find the one pace and could not quicken (faller in front of him etc).

His best hope is that he gets into a good rhythm and gallops them into submission.

He would have beaten Jessies Dream first time out IMHO and he does have a touch of class.

Of course, he may have gone sour…but he’s worth the risk at 14/1 secured.

Rupert has a lot of things going for him, jumping and form the main pluses. Still, at 9/4 I’d rather oppose as there could easily be one to beat him or he could fall etc…

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

My 100% Book:

Time For Rupert 2/1

Mikael D’Haguenet 17/2

, Aiteenthirtythree 11/1, Wayward Prince 11/1, Jessies Dream 12/1, Wymott 13/1,

Magnanimity 13/1

, Quel Esprit 20/1, Boston’s Angel 22/1, Master Of The Hall 22/1, The Giamt Bolster 33/1, Elysian Rock 800/1.

Already on Time For Rupert @ 8/1.
    Time For Rupert available at around 11/4, Mikael D’Haguenet 10/1 and Magnanimity 20/1.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.