The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I see Betfair have opened a market on next years RSA Chase,early days i know but i have my eye on one horse in particular and have already backed him at 66/1 earlier this year.

Tell Massini

also has crucial Cheltenham form to his name and its a course that suits his powerful stride,he always looked like a horse who if he achieved anything over hurdles it would be a bonus so to have won 2 grade 2 hurdles races shows this fellow has an engine.I look forward to his debut over fences and wouldn"t be surprised to see him contest one or two around his favoured course before the big one in March.

Very rarely do i have a one horse book but such was my confidence in this fellow that i was planning to go all the way to the RSA with just him! Unfortunately

Tell Massini

was killed in a fall at Newbury today so we will never know just how good he could have been! I will dedicate this thread to him and hopefully back the winner as my mark of respect to a horse i thought had the world at his feet! Start studying Champ! :(

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Willie Mullins have a very strong hand in this race at the Festival.

He could run 3-5 horse’s in this race but i think he just run one in Micky D.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I see Betfair have opened a market on next years RSA Chase,early days i know but i have my eye on one horse in particular and have already backed him at 66/1 earlier this year.

Tell Massini

also has crucial Cheltenham form to his name and its a course that suits his powerful stride,he always looked like a horse who if he achieved anything over hurdles it would be a bonus so to have won 2 grade 2 hurdles races shows this fellow has an engine.I look forward to his debut over fences and wouldn"t be surprised to see him contest one or two around his favoured course before the big one in March.

Very rarely do i have a one horse book but such was my confidence in this fellow that i was planning to go all the way to the RSA with just him! Unfortunately

Tell Massini

was killed in a fall at Newbury today so we will never know just how good he could have been! I will dedicate this thread to him and hopefully back the winner as my mark of respect to a horse i thought had the world at his feet! Start studying Champ! :(

As i have stated,i want to dedicate this thread to

Tell Massini

and i think the horse who stands out to carry the mantle is

Reve de Sivola

,this fellow was beaten fair and square by Tell Massini last year but to his credit he was actually giving the winner 7lb! Reve is in the hands of the more than capable Nick Williams who incidently trained both Reve and Diamond to win the Challow hurdle,i am well aware there are more opportunities for Reve at this seasons festival but to my eye he is an RSA horse who is still young enough to improve rapidly,i have taken the 20/1 available about this big athletic sort who is really the obvious choice to succeed Tell Massini!

• Total Posts 23

Would anyone give

Fiveforthree

a chance, on hurdles form he’d be right up there, and I understand the plan is to go chasing?

It’s a terrible shame

Tell Massini

suffered a fatal fall, as he would of gone very close.

For Bill

would be the one from left field, Im sure she will improve from her debut run where she appeared to blow up.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Two decent trials yesterday and today for the RSA. Reve de Sivola was workmanlike in winning the 2m5f race yesterday, and should improve as the season progresses. One could not have been more impressed with Time for Rupert’s win today in the 3m chase, foot perfect over his obstacles, tonnes of stamina, and with a rating of 166 over hurdles this horse looks very exciting for this season and potentially a Gold Cup horse of the future.

JohnJ

• Total Posts 1402

The Towton Novices Chase at Wetherby this Saturday could prove informative.

• Total Posts 1402

Judging by the contraction in his price I expect everyone in the stable is now on so I don’t think I’m breaching any confidences by saying that there is a strong word from the stable for Wayward Prince. He hated the ground at Wetherby and basically got bored as they weren’t going fast enough for him. Once he hit the front he idled and so the winning margin doesn’t really tell much of a story.

The one thing he really needs is a championship pace and he’ll get that for the first time this season at Cheltenham.

• Total Posts 638

The one thing he really needs is a championship pace and he’ll get that for the first time this season at Cheltenham.

Fair enough Tuffers but how do they explain the fact that Chicago Grey was about to give him a good slapping when he fell at the Open meeting?

• Total Posts 1402

Fair enough Tuffers but how do they explain the fact that Chicago Grey was about to give him a good slapping when he fell at the Open meeting?

I’m not sure how you can draw that conclusion bearing in mind they had another fence and the finish to go but again Dougie got off that day and said they weren’t going fast enough for him. He wants an end to end gallop and hopefully that’s what he’ll get. That also means he can be held up as he has to have horses in front to keep him interested.

• Total Posts 638

I’m not sure how you can draw that conclusion bearing in mind they had another fence and the finish to go

Only because Chicago Grey’s run style is so consistent and I find it hard to believe he would have been overtaken once he hit the front. Just my opinion.
    Wayward Prince is a very nice horse and difficult to weigh up due to a number of factors;
    The pace collapse when he won his G1 over hurdles
    Chicago Grey’s fall at Cheltenham
    His own dour style (where is the bottom of him?).
    Cape Tribulation is a non stayer

I would have him finishing 3rd or 4th if they all stand up

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Judging by the contraction in his price I expect everyone in the stable is now on so I don’t think I’m breaching any confidences by saying that there is a strong word from the stable for Wayward Prince. He hated the ground at Wetherby and basically got bored as they weren’t going fast enough for him. Once he hit the front he idled and so the winning margin doesn’t really tell much of a story.

Good to read!
    I’m on at 20s e/w – placed the bet a few weeks ago before he won at Wetherby.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Following his bloodless win at Newbury last Friday, the handicapper has raised Aiteen ThirtyThree to a mark of 159.

That puts him just 2lbs behind Time For Rupert on official ratings, and means that both are rated higher going into the race than any recent winner.

Of course ratings aren’t everything – Long Run and Punchestowns had similar marks before the RSA last year!

AP

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

I am hoping Wishfull Thinking comes here as opposed to the Jewson although I have not heard whether this will happen or not. He jumped like a true pro at the track on trials day and stayed on well to beat very season handicappers like Calgary Bay quite readily. He travelled very well and having only had very few races in his career (despite being 8yo) I think there is plenty of improvement. He is general 16-1 for this but is shorter for the Jewson at about 8-1.

However Time For Rupert looks like very good horse and I think its a case of whatever beats him wins the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Although Time For Rupert is a worthy favourite, his price is a bit on the skinny side.

I’m going to go with the novice I’ve been flagging up for some time – namely, Aiteen Thirtythree. His odds of 9/1 has tempted me to back him each way. I think he could run a big race.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

LOSER
    • Total Posts 14

Has anyone got any info on Jessies Dream? I see that it has been backed in from around 40’s to 10’s on BF and falling!! Currently 3rd Fav.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Lots of trends against Time For Rupert. Way too short for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Time For Rupert is a worthy favourite putting in some great performances at Cheltenham, slamming Quinz in the process. I won’t be backing him though.

Mikael D’Haguenet will win if he runs a similar race to the Drinmore, when he was quite frankly taking the pi*s out of Jessies Dream, he’s been wanting further in my opinion and I’ve backed him at 16/1 each-way.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.