The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 RSA 2021

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Patrick mullins spoke positively about the big getaway for this

Apparently he’s the biggest horse in the yard so anything he did over hurdles was a bonus

At 20/1 next time iv got a free bet to waste il be taking that price I think

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

He did mention him for the NHC as well FF91. Probably still a good chance of coming here given different owners, but with Monkfish in there they might potentially split them?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

This far out that wouldnt worry me

Odds on them both even making it to the festival let alone both turning into genuine contenders could be slim

Happy to have both on side at this stage at those prices

As they are the types with that trainer who could end up very short if one of them wins the right races

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 286

My first Cheltenham bet for this season was Aione at 33/1 for The National Hunt Chase.

I think that would be a more realistic target, but I thought 50/1 was worth a bet for The RSA as well.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

I’ve taken 33s on The Big Breakaway- seen as the most exciting horse Tizzard has and compares well with his other stars i think he’s very big at 33s.

Tizzard’s festival record is enough to put some off but looking through the betting, it looks very much like the Irish are going to dominate. Therefore TBB will probably one of the top 2 GB challengers, and if he does win some of the better novice chases on his way to the festival i see him being single figures.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Is there any word on commander of fleet ? , off last year , can’t see any entries

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17721

I wouldn’t worry about lack of entries HDLG, only a couple of Jumps meetings in Ireland the next week, so no surprise to see no entries right now.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17721

Pleased I held off with Column of Fire, as he’s staying over hurdles.

Of those mentioned, I do like The Big Getaway at 20’s

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2195

Monkfish 8-1 and Chantry House 40-1 at this stage for me

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

“I can’t wait to see The Big Getaway over three miles on heavy ground over fences. I think he’s the biggest horse we’ve ever had.

“Paul schooled Monkfish morning and was delighted with him. He’s a horse who is improving all the time and maturing – the penny is starting to drop and he’s as exciting a novice chaser as we have in the yard.

Positive words from mullins over those two

Diol Ker who beat monkfish by 7 lengths last year is down for a beginners chase on Sunday at Galway too and will be worth keeping an eye on going forward

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.