The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 RSA 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2356

Mullins has said Monkfish is as good a novice chaser he has in his stable. B-)

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 850

Correct Mike, he did, hence why Monkfish is as short as 7/1, and The Big Getaway is nearly three times the price at 20/1.

The Mullins pecking order will no doubt chop and change, it always does, but 7/1 in October from an Ante Post perspective doesn’t appeal to me, whereas TBG does.

I try (where possible) not to let comments like that lure me in to single figure prices this early. Of course, they shouldn’t be ignored and of course they are relevant, but they rarely hold up.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

The only thing putting me off The Big Getaway is that he’s like Topofthegame- a huge beast and therefore perhaps more vulnerable to injury (says she who has backed Dickie Diver :wacko: )

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 850

Don’t quite understand using similarities with an RSA winner to make the case against TBG for the RSA :wacko:

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2767

That Albert Bartlett form has the potential to be one of the best novice hurdles of my lifetime

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

Don’t quite understand using similarities with an RSA winner to make the case against TBG for the RSA 

Ha, true! Just a case of when his wind or legs give up not if (ever the optimist). Plus I’m such a Mullins fangirl but even I admit that some of their big chasers hurdle the fences (eg Douvan) without making a proper shape.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

Don’t forget TOTG didn’t win the RSA in his first season chasing. He couldn’t organise his big legs and fell over, and got rerouted to the Coral Cup. Then got wind surgery. Made a bit of an arse of himself at the start of his second season too IIRC although the horse he chased home was a rejuvenated Defi.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2356
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 850

Here is his from the previous year where nothing holds up barring ABP (which was obvious) – https://news.paddypower.com/horse-racing/2019/10/30/ruby-walsh-my-10-horses-to-follow-for-the-2019-20-jumps-season/

Bookies fav is Ruby. :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2356

You may have misunderstood my post charlie87. I wasn’t referring to his tipping skills, it is where he hinted The Big Getaway might be heading. As it happens, of the Mullins horse mentioned in 19/20, the 4 where he did mention a Cheltenham target, it was the correct target for them 4.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 311

I had already bet Easywork for The Marsh Novices, but it’s very difficult to see anything other than Envoi Allen in that, so I’ve also bet him here.

I’m a big fan of the horse, and I’ve taken 25/1 for this, after his win today at Navan

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

Latest exhibition looked pretty slow there

Though Paul Nolan has a very low run to form percentage atm so it may explain the poor run

He jumped well but looked uncomfortable some way out, there was a point where he lost 3 or 4 positions on the flat that made it obvious he wasn’t travelling. He thin pinged the fence and got them back.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2356

I’d like to see Latest Exhibition go to the NH Chase. I thought that at the start of the season.
    Think he would be a player in that, can’t see him beating Monkfish the way Mullins talks about him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

I’d agree with that Mike

Monkfish is a bigger less exposed horse with loads of potential for improvement

Though I’d be inclined to give latest exhibition another chance to show his form, he didn’t travel well today

Was being niggled slightly a long long way out

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

Not sure what to make of that from the big breakaway

Thought the butchers said was coming to put it up to him before almost unseating the rider (having already clouted the third last and lost several lengths)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.