The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rishi's doing the Ashes!

Home Forums General Sports Rishi's doing the Ashes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

The Beeb have announced that the great RP is to front their Ashes/ World Cup highlights over the winter.

"So KP, what’s it like to score a ton against Canada?" etc etc.

Can’t wait.

Mike

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Thought you were joking but maybe not.<br>What talent does he have that the rest of us are missing?

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

At least it might keep him away from racing for a while.<br>The only man on terrestrial TV racing who makes Derek Thompson appear like a heavyweight

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

It’s not a gag, it’s on Teletext.

Mind, it is a gag I suppose…

<br>Mike

jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

What a joke can you imagine RP with Geoff Boycott who will no doubt be on too. <br>Thank god for David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd.<br>Come on England!<br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

This is ridiculous :angry:

Im a big cricket fan and whilst I have no idea how much knowledge RP will have, the idea that he will be a better presenter than Mark nicholas say is hard to imagine

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

He is a big friend of Michael Holding.;)

Colin

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3106

<br>The title says ‘Rishi is doing the Ashes’.

He isn’t. Manish Bhasin will be the studio presenter for the Ashes highlights.

Rishi will fill the same role for the following one day international series.

And it isn’t going to be easy for ‘Freddie to twat him one’ as they’ll be 12,000 miles apart, unless Freddie comes home injured.

Still, nice easy target to have a go at …….

AP

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Horse Racing!

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

He’ll be available to continue to give us his insights on racing over the winter then.<br>Shame.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

For a truely stupid "sports presenter" none can outstrip the cretinous yet arrogant Gary Richardson who pops up on radio 4

Refered to Crotia as "a pub side" this morning. Absolute moron who if hes not interested should at least do some homework :angry:

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Richardson hosts a self styled "hard hitting" interview show on Radio 5 Live on Sunday mornings.<br>As for Rishi "what did it feel like to win?" Persad, he wouldn’t be an easy target if he had an ounce of talent

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Interesting though isnt it?

Talentless berks get these jobs when surely there are far better people out there who would die to have these openings

Also happens in journalism. How James Lawton survives at the Inde baffles me and whoever gave Angus Fraser a job cannot have taken even a minute to read his horribly laboured turgid prose

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

The reason why people like Rishi Persad and the usual Channel 4 News at Noon presenter actually get jobs, I’m sorry to say, is because of their skin colour.

Because of a ‘lack’ of coloured people on television, production teams feel inclinced to hire them, because they don’t want to appear racist.

I’m not remotely racist, but the main thing I want to see is people doing a decent job of what they are trying to do. For instance, Spoony on Radio 5 Live is brilliant. He does what he’s hired to do, and does it brilliantly. Martin Bashir and George Alagiah are other good ones.

But there stands to reason to be a lack of coloured people interested in horse racing, as it is a sport relatively low in support, compared to say football or tennis, and since the ratio of ‘whites’ to ‘blacks’ is 9:1, but someone once said, ‘if you just came to Britain and turned on the TV, you’d think the ratio was 1:1.’

I mean look at the amount of coloured jockeys. Saleem Golan, De Souza, Royston Ffrench – I can’t think of any others. In fact, Bin Suroor is the only coloured trainer I can think of.

At Newbury on Tuesday, Rishi’s co-presenter was a coloured chap, no idea of his name, but from what I heard, he seemed to be doing a decent job, and that is all I care about, and I’m pretty sure it is what most people care about. Having people do a good job and providing a decent service. People should be given jobs on MERIT, not skin colour.

No doubt this will be an extremely controversial post, so let the debating begin.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Ken Pitterson………..I theeeeennnkkkkkk!

Are you talking positive discrimination, jack?

I feel the same about all the women we have on sports programmes now.

Is Claire Balding really into Rugby League?:o

Colin

Colin

(Edited by seabird at 12:33 pm on Oct. 13, 2006)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.