The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ribblesdale 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Ribblesdale 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Aaroness – I guess she would be doubtful to run.

Anice Stellato – Has it all to do after being beat in the Lingfield Oaks trial and was beaten by July Jasmine in the same race too, so this is a big ask you would think.

Enticement – Stoute Reserve.

Flying Cloud – Undefeated in France and now bought by Godolphin, beat Board Meeting by a neck who was 6l behind the mighty Stacelita, she would have a chance I would think.

Flame Of Gibratar – Half sister to the useful Godolphin horse Echo Of Light, and has performed with credit, Cecil has his fillies in top order so she has to be respected. I say she would be in with a shout here.

Grace O’Malley – Won yesterday and it was a battling display in a rough race so you would have to admire that, not sure if she will run too soon after that and could be a doubt to run.

It’s Dubai Dolly – Can’t have her at all 20’s on Berfair and it should be 200.

July Jasmine – Missed The Oaks, met trouble in the Lingfield Derby trial which cost her and she run a good race when finally into top gear, she should come on for that run, although if you were keen on her it was not a good sign that Ryan Moore decided to take the mount of Leocorno instead but has an able deputy in Mick Kinane.

Leocorno – Faced nothing but looks a bull of a horse, Dettori was full of praise of her, like Tartan Bearer and Golan they both faced nothing going into a big races (Dante, 2000 Guineas) and they both won in double figure prices, although she won’t be as short as her brothers on Thursday. Major player. Moore prefers her over July Jasmine.

Mooakada – Form says she has it all to do, was easy beat by Apple Charlotte.

Oh Goodness Me – Was tipped by every tipster it seemed in the Racing Post to be a major player in The Oaks but she flopped big and probably not as good as they all thought, none the less she should find this shorter trip more to her liking, but The Oaks was a rough race and it may count against her.

Take The Hint – The other main contender, by Montjeu and has looked pretty impressive in her races, left her bad maiden start behind and could take it to the field if she can find the improvement needed.

Totally Devoted – Be surprised if she lines up here.

Uvinza – Another horse that fails to make the grade here.

I’ll probably side with Leocorno she could be a very good filly.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ryan Moore has already supposidly been booked for Leocorno but there has been no definate word that she will definitely run yet.

If she does run I expect she will win but be very short. If she doesn’t run I think he’ll win it anyway.

July Jasmine was given real good ride behind Midday and she wouldn’t be fully fit. She showed signs of that when they started going uphill. She lost a coupe of lengths and Ryan Moore wasn’t hard on her. When she started coming downhill she became slightly unbalanced and Ryan had to ease her round the bend. He never really got after her until she was able to balance herself and even then he was particulary hard on her.

She picked up really well when Midday had flown but without Ryan Moore knocking 10 bells out of her.

I think she has a big future ahead of her and that race will have done her the world of good.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

So long as she hasn’t been Godolphined the most impressive 3yo filly I’ve seen at 10f+ outside of Stacelita this season has been Flying Cloud – was all ready to pile into her for the Saint-Alary/Diane prior to her removal from Fabre :(

Flying Cloud wins :)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

July Jasmine would definititely had given Midday more to do at Lingfield if she hadn’t been given an easy time by Moore. He didn;t even pick the stick up once. This looks to be her target and I’ve no doubt that she’s a pattern race winner waiting to happen.

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points rating

141 take the hint
    134 lecorno
    129 uvinza
    129 flying cloud
    125 mooakada
    124 july jasmine
    121 flame of gibralter
    116 its dubai dolly
    107 totally devoted

will back take the hint win
    and uvinza ew

Colin Little
    • Total Posts 338

Leocorno was one of the very few horses I was going to back this week. I thought having only won a couple of small races, people would be willing to oppose her now she’s up in grade, against horses with stronger form.

It doesn’t seem to be shaping up that way. I really hoped she was going to be a 7/2-4/1 chance (that’s not unreasonable, given her form, is it?). Maybe it’s not the strongest Ribblesdale ever, but it looks like she will be as short as 2/1. That price is surely more about expectation than form,

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

July Jasmine is my best of the meeting, a rolled-gold lock of the week.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Not sure that you’d be a better judge than Ryan Moore, MD, but she does look a bet to nothing ew.

thebrigadier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

On form it looks between Take The Hint and July Jasmine who didn’t handle the track at Lingfield so did well to finish as close to Midday as she did and wasn’t given a hard time. Leocorno could be anything but her getting the trip is not guaranteed. Flying Cloud’s form hasn’t been franked too well and now Godolphin have her is hardly a plus point.

Favourites don’t have a great record in this so I will side with July Jasmine.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Flame of Gibraltar for me. Progressive Cecil filly and I reckon quite a few of the other fillies are very overrated.

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Not sure that you’d be a better judge than Ryan Moore, MD

Do you think I’m trying to be?

Apologies for the double-shot of enthusiasm. :cry:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Not at all, MD; though it’s something we could all aspire to.
    I’m not knocking your enthusiasm, simply pointing out that the stable jockey apparently thinks his ride has the better chance. 8)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Do you only back ‘first’ strings reet?

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

In the last 11 days we’ve seen the stable jockey choose the wrong horse on two occasions when racing’s been shown on the BBC. Why not a 3rd time?

FWIW Kinane on-board July Jasmine is a bonus in my eyes, Ryan Moore hasn’t done well at Royal Ascot at all in the last 4 years.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Do you only back first strings reet?

Perish the thought DJ, though I’d have to be fairly sure of my ground before taking them on.

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Not at all, MD; though it’s something we could all aspire to.
    I’m not knocking your enthusiasm, simply pointing out that the stable jockey apparently thinks his ride has the better chance. 8)

I’m not fussed Reet. If you check the Day 2 thread you’ll notice I tipped Ouqba yesterday :wink:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Ryan Moore hasn’t done well at Royal Ascot at all in the last 4 years.

Last year, Moore rode 3 winners, 5 seconds, & 1 third while in 2007 he had 4 second-places so can’t agree with you there.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.