Rendlesham Hurdle 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Rendlesham Hurdle 2019

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by DBRDBR DBRDBR 2 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14441

A few interesting contenders up for this, not least Yanworth……..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/23/haydock/2019-02-16/721304

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/rendlesham-hurdle/winner

The standout for me though is Shades of Midnight. Slight risk with him having an entry in The Eider, but the yard have other options there, and having landed this before, they know what it takes. He’s been a frustrating horse to follow, I had high hopes for him from his early days, but it’s only recently that it’s started to happen for him.

He was entitled to win last time over fences at Kelso, and after looking as if he might just struggle, he actually won quite convincingly to my eye. It was his run here though in The Betfair Stayers Hurdle, where he had the race all but won, only getting collared by Paisley Park in the shadow of the line, that really stands out, and on that evidence alone, he has to be worth a chance at the 14’s.

Shades of Midnight 14’s Each Way

iskanmayals
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

I think CLYNE looks just the type to take this race. He is tough and genuine but usually finds one too good at this level. However he has excellent Haydock form and 3 miles on a flat track could bring out the best in him.

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1058

Yanworth looks rock solid here. Might be a tad apprehensive about the long break, but he’s a class act and by no means long in the tooth, despite it feeling like he’s been around forever.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14441

He’ll be a tough nut to crack Peter, if he’s good to go.

@iskanmayals
    Clyne would be my second choice here, must be right in the mix here.

Shades of Midnight could still go to Pertemps Qualifier, but hoping the fact that he’s jocked up for this, is a sign of his main target.

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1036

Yanworth has won first time out in each of his seasons so far, so I doubt that fitness will be an issue. Of more concern is his temperament; like many others, I believe that he has “gone” mentally and don’t think that he represents any value here- for all that he is undoubtedly the classiest horse in the field.

Like VTC, I’m firmly of the opinion that Shades Of Midnight offers a very solid each-way alternative.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5545

Kilcooley showed great promise before going wrong and I’m happy to chance him here

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 255

I follow VtC here. The form of Shades of Midnight with Paisley Park is very good. It is also nice to see Yanworth back in action. I like him, but at odds on no bet.

Shades of Midnight 10/1 EW

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3834

WELL DONE BOBBY and DBRDBR :good: :good:

Mrsraymo backed him too!! :good: :good:

And Joe that was a hell of a run from Kilcooley. If there is no bounce then it will come on a ton for that!!

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

Absolute belter of a bet Bobby, and taken at a very healthy 14/1. Top Notch :good:

Well done to you DBR too, just about double the SP with your 10/1.
    Great punting chaps :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14441

Thanks guys, and well played DBR, and Gladiateur.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 255

Thanks! The Paisley Park form line seems very strong. First Assignment will be really interesting for the Pertemps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.