The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing UK

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing UK

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I did wonder about forking out £20 per month (funny how we are price sensetive about certain things…) but havent regreted it at all

£15 per montn is very fair, and given that I will be taking advantage of at least 3 free days racing (is it me, or are the fixtures chosen better than before?) its all worthwhile

once you have RUK, you do tend to wonder what you did before

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Reading the RP article mentioned by CarryOnRacing it <br>  says :    

" WHILE the power of their principal rivals is acknowledged with a degree of deference, there is a hole they will be looking to exploit, namely that, for the first time since the Premiership started 14 years ago, you will be able to watch live Premiership football next season without subscribing to Sky, as Setanta will be available on the Freeview network.<br>East said: "We think £15 is excellent value. We feel it will appeal to people who already subscribe to Sky Sports and Prem Plus.<br>"But there is also a market that cannot afford to watch Sky Sports and the other significant market is Freeview – those people who cannot have a dish or don’t want one. "  

Perhaps this means that you will not need to subscribe to <br>Sky or NTL / Telewest to receive RUK .  In my case Telewest costs £ 16.50 per month + RUK subscription .

However a subscription to Sky or NTL would still be necessary to view races from ATR courses .

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

The Business section of today’s Independent carries the <br>following story :  

" Setanta Sports is to mount an aggressive challenge in the<br>sports programming market by launching on the Freeview <br>terrestial platform with a monthly subscription price of only  <br>£ 10.99 .  The cut-price offer , available from March , seems <br>designed to tempt customers of BSkyB away from the <br>satellite group .    

Setanta will offer Premiership football to customers from <br>August , the first time in more than a decade that top-flight <br>football has been available on terrestial TV . "

<br>  <br>

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.