The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post website

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post website

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    indocine
    • Total Posts 489

Is the results section just a skeleton, I cant find anything there to do with past results.

Video replay didn’t work on my firefox asked for IE6 or higher, funny, since the site itself does’t work at all on IE6

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

,do we have any idea when the old site is likely to be phased out?

Just a guess, but if the change is imminent then perhaps the Paddy Power Meeting

Otherwise I hope they wait until the New Year, so I can start afresh with a revamped spreadsheet that allows the new-style racecards to be extracted in the correct format

• Total Posts 233

looks good but to much clicking ,will be spending to much time just checking on one race,thumbs down by me

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

The site doesn’t load on my browser at work.

Not that it bothers me a bit.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

The IT people working on the new site seem no better than the ones that produced the old one.

Looking up the result of the Melbourne Cup (my first look at the site) I find the following gem regarding the race time…

“[b:284xhbvz]3m 20.40s (slow by 200.40s)[/b:284xhbvz]”.

Any half-decent systems analyst or programmer should have been able to come up with a line of code which said that if the standard time is zero or null, then don’t append the fast/slow by stuff. And it should have been picked up in the various testing phases.

No doubt there are plenty more undetected/unacted upon bugs.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Its a cute way of reducing your user acceptance testing.

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

Does anyone know where the Spotlight comment on each race has disappeared to.

You can still get comments for every horse by clicking on Spotlight but does anyone know if the little write up for each race has been dispersed with.

• Total Posts 101

would love to know how much this will cost me, not even looked yet but pricewise/trading post does not bother me, just need all the cards and info as how it is now

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

would love to know how much this will cost me, not even looked yet but pricewise/trading post does not bother me, just need all the cards and info as how it is now

Did you get the email like I got?

Theres another thread about this that I opened ages ago – gives all the prices :D

David.C.
    • Total Posts 116

Here’s the part from the Racing Post email about membership…..

1. racingpost.com membership

Would you be interested in buying racingpost.com membership at £7.95 per month (£79.95 annually)?

(Yes or no)

Would you prefer to purchase racingpost.com membership on a monthly or annual basis?

(Monthly or annually)

Please give each item in the membership package a rating between 1 and 5 (1 being low) in relation to how much you value each item, and if possible, explain why.
    The complete database –
    Spotlights –
    Post Race Analysis –
    News Archive –
    Please explain any other thoughts or comments you have on racingpost.com membership.

2. racingpost.com Insight and extras

Would you be interested in buying racingpost.com Insight at £7.95 per month (£79.95 annually)?

(Yes or no)

Would you prefer to purchase Insight on a monthly or annual basis?

(Monthly or Annually)

Please give each item in the Insight package, the Racing UK Live package, the Racing UK Race Replay package and the Ultimate package a rating between 1 and 5 (1 being low) in relation to how much you value each item, and if possible explain why.

Insight

Pricewise –
    Key statistics –
    In-running pointers –
    Trading Update –
    Early access to betting forecast –
    Live reporter –
    Racing UK Live to your desktop for £5.95 per month (£59.95 annually).

RUK Race Replay – 50 race replays for £4.95 per month (£49.95 annually).

Ultimate package – Membership and Insight with Racing UK Race Replay for £21.95 per month (£219.95 annually).

Please explain any other thoughts or comments you have on the Insight, Racing UK Race Replay and Ultimate packages.

• Total Posts 101

thanks

what is the actual quailty of the live video like?

David.C.
    • Total Posts 116

Does anyone know where the Spotlight comment on each race has disappeared to.

You can still get comments for every horse by clicking on Spotlight but does anyone know if the little write up for each race has been dispersed with.

The Spotlight verdict piece is just below and to the right of the card.

InvisibleLayer Posted

thanks

Good question InvisibleLayer, sorry, I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll let you know as soon as I get around to it.

David.C.
    • Total Posts 116

thanks

Sorry, I’ve just seen reet hard’s post on page one of this thread. he says the video pictures are much sharper than the current ones.

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Am I the only person who thinks the new site looks awful (and is awkward to navigate)?

I’d happily pay 10 (like it used to be before it went ‘free’) or 15 quid a month for the current site, but to make all these uneccessary changes in looks and navigation, and then charge for (parts of) it seems madness.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! :x

• Total Posts 101

seems very very slow for me on each of my computers :evil:

• Total Posts 1415

Am I the only person who thinks the new site looks awful (and is awkward to navigate)?

I’d happily pay 10 (like it used to be before it went ‘free’) or 15 quid a month for the current site, but to make all these uneccessary changes in looks and navigation, and then charge for (parts of) it seems madness.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! :x

I’m with you I don’t like it at all and the old site is better.

As for paying for it – no chance. We’ve had free access to RP for years I’m not feeding the greedy fat cats that have decided we have to pay. We didn’t have to before, why should we have to now?

If no-one paid they wouldn’t charge. its a bit like pay per view footy.

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

Ian – what gives you the right to expect something for free?

It is their service, it they want to charge it’s up to them, and up to you whether to pay for it.

You can label people ‘fat cats’ all you want, but if businesses don’t make money, they go out of business, and then you wouldn’t have a website.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.