The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post Begging Emails

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post Begging Emails

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    The Eye Of Sauron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Have started.

Had my first one today- please subscribe etc.

Anyone know what the take-up has been since launch? I’m using ATR site myself since they began charging.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

ATR, SL & IR fill the gaps for me and I’d imagine the traffic reduction will see their advertising become less valuable, still, I’m sure they’ve done their sums…

During this past recession we’ve had new publications, bookmakers & exchanges, racecourses and now this – it may not be linked but if it follows the same road as the others it will be a shame.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I had four (all different) on the day the Members’ Club launched, but have blocked the address now to ensure I don’t receive any more.

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

For me its just another poker site , and I am just wondering if that alone could save them

What a load of rubbish

Ricky

gsessa
    • Total Posts 14

I’m not sure what your getting at. But I think its being charged for picks is that true.

bettingboy
    • Total Posts 100

I hope the paper survives. The website, as I am sure has been well said on here, was buggered up ages ago. I didin’t use their site when it was free so I won’t be paying for it…

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Hi Dave,

You’re no doubt aware that in order to access some parts of RACINGPOST.com you’re now required to join new Members’ Club.

But what you’re probably not aware of is that membership is quick, easy and actually costs less than a third of a loaf of bread a day*.

For 25p a day, you get complete access to Racing Post’s unique data and opinion. Delivering you more enjoyment, insight and profit from racing.

Spotlights, Postdata, Racing Post Ratings (RPR), Topspeed, Selection Boxes, Betting forecast, Post-race analysis, Raceform Notebook, Times, Previous winners, Horse statistics, Horse sales, Horse quotes, Horse relatives, Sales Search, News Archive & Racing Business.

We’ve also created a value-packed Ultimate membership that includes Tipping, live and archived video as well as all of the content above for just £19.95 a month.

All housed in a website that’s now second-to-none; seamlessly delivering our unique features exactly how, where and when you need them.

Use your loaf and make more dough. Keep in the know – subscribe now.

…. LOL .. :D . .. the bit in bold is really funny.

arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

Hi guys
    Are there any other free web sites that show the winners of the last ten years or more just like the R/Post use to before it brought in these ridiculous fees its just pure greed. :roll:

deltaman
    • Total Posts 190

Billy Hill has stats/trends and Timeform on BF both free.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hi Dave,

You’re no doubt aware that in order to access some parts of RACINGPOST.com you’re now required to join new Members’ Club.

But what you’re probably not aware of is that membership is quick, easy and actually costs less than a third of a loaf of bread a day*.

But you missed out the best bit:

*Based on a loaf of Hovis Wholemeal Thick 800g from Sainsbury’s (£1.24) – June 09.
    Members’ Club price is based on a monthly subscription of £7.50 divided by the average
    number of days in a month (30.43 days).

Personally I wouldn’t give Hovis to my ducks. The bread eaten in the Pinza household costs considerably more than that and is infinitely nicer. Spelt, Focaccia and Ciabatta preferred. Sorry RP, you can keep your Wholemeal Thick.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

*Based on a loaf of Hovis Wholemeal Thick 800g from Sainsbury’s (£1.24) – June 09.
    Members’ Club price is based on a monthly subscription of £7.50 divided by the average

Personally I wouldn’t give Hovis to my ducks. The bread eaten in the Pinza household costs considerably more than that and is infinitely nicer. Spelt, Focaccia and Ciabatta preferred. Sorry RP, you can keep your Wholemeal Thick.

LOL

Yes I’ve had the email too. I think it was a very apt comparison – after all, I very rarely eat bread now….

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Give us this day our daily bread

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

On the subject of change……..stuff the RP by the way, no way would I pay to look at form, videos yes but not bare form.

I don’t always get the best of connections so sometimes I won’t watch racing live as I get annoyed with the stop and start . What I do instead
    is download the race then watch it.

I do it strictly for personal use but in the last week I found the grab++ in Orbit no longer works on RUK but is still ok on ATR.

Have RUK now blocked it somehow to stop people downloading races?

Ken(West Derby)
    • Total Posts 1063

Hi Fist, long time no see. Not sure if this is any use or will work for your needs but I use a free trial software called Keep Video to capture my Youtube vids. and also free, Replay Converter. The two combined give me perfect playback.
    K

The Eye Of Sauron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Useless piece of information, but given to me, in good faith by the Arkwright who runs our local corner shop.

What is the difference, in number of slices, between a "THICK" sliced and a "MEDIUM" sliced standard supermarket loaf?

Well?

OK- it’s one measly slice less in a THICK loaf than in a MEDIUM.

Go check it out.

Crusts don’t count :lol:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.