The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racecourse Descriptions? ? ?

Home Forums Horse Racing Racecourse Descriptions? ? ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Hi guys, hope everyone is well.

I was just wondering, as i am sure At The Races have done something like this in the past.

I am looking for details on tracks, and how they differ from course to course, i.e. flat tracks, tracks with more hills, etc… such as the finish at Cheltenham.

If anyone has any links, that would be great.

Thanks.

Gareth.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Gareth, it doesn’t give a whole lot of information, but if you use the RP search facility and select ‘Course’ from the drop-down menu, it gives a brief description (e.g. stiff, galloping, sharp etc) of each track.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Just go to racing post guides and do a search on say Market Rasen……there’s a drop down box on right choose course and bingo!!.

Descriptions are brief but straight to the point

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Go to http://www.timeform.com and look at the Downloads on the right hand side on the homepage. There you will see free reference material that can be downloaded in pdf format of maps, descriptions and trainer records of the top trainers at all the tracks, seperated in a Jumps and Flat format.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I have a bit of information on course stats picked up from various websites and books which I have put on a spreadsheet.

If anyone wants a copy then just PM me

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Thanks alot guys, as usual.

Many thanks.

Gareth.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Gareth

As a quick-fix answer, hover the cursor over any course in any horse’s form in the RP, and it will give the course description – British or Irish.(Doesn’t work for Cork for some reason?).

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Gareth

As a quick-fix answer, hover the cursor over any course in any horse’s form in the RP, and it will give the course description – British or Irish.(Doesn’t work for Cork for some reason?).

Very handy and very useful.

Many thanks.

:D :D :D

Gareth.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

That feature also works for quite a few of the French and German courses as well (I have the need to check which way round Hamburg and Krefeld were the other day), but not every last one.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.