The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

quick and dirty ratings question

Home Forums Horse Racing quick and dirty ratings question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

what rating would anyone hazard at for youresothrilling and elletelle after the cherry hinton please ?

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

youresothrilling and elletelle over a hundred ? green oasis low-mid nineties ?

i dunno

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

what rating would anyone hazard at for youresothrilling and elletelle after the cherry hinton please ?

The winner did it well, but she almost certainly raced on the faster strip of ground in my opinion. She also only won by a length, with the next 5 or 6 home in a heap so I wouldn’t go over board at this moment, though you can do more than win.

As for ratings, well that’s certainly not my strong point so I will let the experts answer that one.

Mike

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

For what its worth I have :

104 You’resothrilling
    103 Elletelle
    101 Festoso

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

so green oasis low nineties ?

i’m just thinking of tenjack queen in the 6.50 is all – that form and ratings maybe makes tenjack queen in the eighties and improving, in that race with experience it might finish well and make the frame ?

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Flash’s figures look about right. I don’t think they could be much higher.
    A very big improvement from Festoso makes you wonder if this form is solid. Speed ratings might help to throw more light on how solid this form is.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

sberry – Green Oasis 94.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

[quote="MikkyMo73
    The winner did it well, but she almost certainly raced on the faster strip of ground in my opinion. She also only won by a length, with the next 5 or 6 home in a heap so I wouldn’t go over board at this moment, though you can do more than win.
    Mike

I seriously doubt that there was any ‘faster strip of ground’ at Newmarket today.
    The first 2 races went with the pace, as did this race, apart from the winner who came from a group 4 to 5 lengths off it, (and left his group standing).
    The CoC couldn’t find any wortwhile difference with his going stick either.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

looks like a low 100’s figure from the winner imo.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I really don’t see the point of doing quick figures like this .. misleading at best surely ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.