Queen Mother Champion Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Queen Mother Champion Chase

This topic contains 174 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by Running Rein Running Rein 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

That’s Champagne Fever out of it due to an injury in his box.

How lucky can the bookies get? Hope everyone had NRNB on him.

That’s taken plenty out of the race for me, as I felt he would surely have made the running and although I am dubious as to whether 2m is far enough for him now, there are questions surrounding pretty much all of the field.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7694

Didn’t find out till I went to place my bet on him, although they had said he’d been badly scratched on his way over and hasn’t got over it. Which is good in a way as I didn’t want anything to beat SdG [And have backed Sprinter Sacre win only with a free bet to ensure that he doesn’t win; my apologies to SS backers]

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Mystic Meg told me this year’s winner will begin with the letter S

Seven of the Nine start with that letter. How do you do it Meg?

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Well I can’t complain getting paid out 20/1 on Dodging Bullets and having backed Somersby each-way for this all season.

Shame about Sprinter Sacre – time waits for no horse. Sire de Grugy ran well enough for me to think that he’ll be a force to be reckoned with next season with a better preparation.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5674

Well done, Gord. Major celebrations!

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Fran the man
    Fran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 403

Go on the bullets, he was on springs barring the second last :yahoo: Sad to see Sprinter sacre finish up like this. :-(

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

That’s broke my heart. retire him.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Well Done The Ante Post King.

All over Dodging Bullets from a long way out.

Sadly that would seem to be the end for Sprinter Sacre, who was surprisingly sent off favourite after all that has gone on with his health.

Sire De Grugy proved that it’s one thing giving lumps of weight to donkeys and another thing altogether trying to race proper horses on better ground.

Mr Mole was my place lay here, I felt people got carried away by his win when Sire De Grugy fell. He got off on much better terms today but his handicap mark looks generously flattering.

Looking to next year it’s today’s winner and Un De Sceaux who are the only two on my radar. I have backed the Mullins horse at 3/1 and am happy enough with that.

Hail to the King of the Ante Post. Gordon take a bow.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26229

Glad to see my main bet Dodging Bullets win, but tbh had more than a bit of anti-climax to it. Did not need to be at his very best to win. Paid to be handy with the other front runner Champagne Fever missing the race, bitten by a stable companion on route. Sire De Grugy well below form, made early mistakes and refused permission for the plastic shoes so successful at Chepstow. In plates on this good ground ran as though not entirely happy. Sad to see Sprinter Sacre so far back. Normally goes through a race with ease and never travelling or jumping well today. Obviously something amiss and may be retirement is the best policy. Somersby ran another smasher at Cheltenham, put in his best round of jumping for some time. Special Tiara profited from no Champagne Fever to take him on and gave them a fright. Dodging Bullets probably idled once in front. Amazing how much difference a tongue tie has made to this horse, now won the three big 2 mile races of the season.

value is everything
    The Young Fella
    The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2077

What a strange race. The two big guns failed to run to form and Dodging Bullets himself didn’t run his best race of the season in my opinion, but it was still enough with bottler Somersby and a legless Special Tiara the only challengers up the hill.

Dodging Bullets is probably just a filler Champion Chaser as the old stars fade away and Un De Sceaux, then possibly Douvan emerge.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7694

If SdG wasn’t allowed to wear his plastic shoes and couldn’t be shod with racing plates, what did he wear on his feet?

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

What a strange race. The two big guns failed to run to form and Dodging Bullets himself didn’t run his best race of the season in my opinion, but it was still enough with bottler Somersby and a legless Special Tiara the only challengers up the hill.

Dodging Bullets is probably just a filler Champion Chaser as the old stars fade away and Un De Sceaux, then possibly Douvan emerge.

Agree with this. Backed DB, as had a similar profile of SDG last year’ Nichols’ was right, he should have been favorite, the form was there to be seen. Hope SS is retired, a magnificent creature in his pomp; just shows, you have to enjoy the good ones while they last.

UDS will be short for this next year, tho like every Irishman, we really much prefer to see the best ones going for the Gold Cup. Is there evidence UDS doesn’t stay? Heck, I’d seen Faugheen for th Gold Cup as well.

BTW is the Shark annoyed he chose the Ryanair for Hidden Cyclone? Looks like this race would have taken less winning

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Well done, Gord. Major celebrations!

Cheers Joe,that very nearly went to plan.I certainly knew Somersby had place credentials as I put him up at 40/1 for the race last year,I just didn’t think he’d run that bloody well.I might put up a 100/1 Champion chase horse for next year,mind you he wont be that if he wins the JLT tomorrow…Irish Saint B-)

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5674

Unfortunately Irish Saint is faced with the huge barrier that is VAUTOUR, and I expect that one to be competing with Don Poli for fav in the 2016 Gold Cup

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Well Done The Ante Post King.

All over Dodging Bullets from a long way out.

Sadly that would seem to be the end for Sprinter Sacre, who was surprisingly sent off favourite after all that has gone on with his health.

Sire De Grugy proved that it’s one thing giving lumps of weight to donkeys and another thing altogether trying to race proper horses on better ground.

Mr Mole was my place lay here, I felt people got carried away by his win when Sire De Grugy fell. He got off on much better terms today but his handicap mark looks generously flattering.

Looking to next year it’s today’s winner and Un De Sceaux who are the only two on my radar. I have backed the Mullins horse at 3/1 and am happy enough with that.

Hail to the King of the Ante Post. Gordon take a bow.

Cheers Steve,normally when TAPK puts one up at 40/1 I get a bit nervous but todays race was Won the moment he beat ‘Sprinter Sacre’ at Ascot,I watched him in the paddock with his ‘knowing’ head carriage and his ‘strut’ and thought you only have to jump…Ok I did harp on about him sprinting up the hill but he did run faster than anything else. :yahoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.