The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics Queen Mother Champion Chase 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Will Sprinter Sacre – The Fast One, The Big Black Aeroplane, That Horse With The French Name – carry on the excellent record of Arkle Winners?

Will Finian’s Rainbow – who couldn’t even sodding beat Somersby – get two-in-a-row?

Will Sizing Europe emulate Moscow Flyer and regain the glory?

Will Cue Card transform that previous good Cheltenham Form into something for the ages?

Will Al Ferof atone for his massive error and come good?

Will Flemenstar come over from Ireland and shock everyone but the shrewdies?

We’ve got a year to find out, but until then…let’s be hearing you!

FLD

P.S. In the Sprinter camp, personally. BEAST.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Sprinter Sacre fit and well will take all the beating :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

Agreed. The fact Finians Rainbow is stepping up in trip next season says it all.

Also, is it just me or is the little blue icon that jumps to the first unread post in a thread not working in this forum section :?:

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

mmmm…. a pro gambler laying out 15 large at 5/4 on a horse race a year away.

:shock:

Binocular
    Riverside Theatre

Spirit Son
    Grandouet

A master trainer no doubt and maybe I’m being unfair but I would want roughly 5/4 that the horse will even show up given the proximity as of now.

Lee

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Bless

• Total Posts 1533

Repost in the horse racing section and tell them where you live and someone is sue to help you

• Total Posts 1533

If I owned them both I know where I would run them

Sprinter Sacre would run in:

Amlin 1965 Chase 2m3f (Grade 2) King George VI 3m (Grade 1) The Game Spirit Chase (Grade 1) The QMCC (Grade 1) or the if he stayed well in the KG I’d go Gold Cup (Grade 1)

Finian’s Rainbow would run in:

Tingle Creek Trophy Chase (Grade1) The Victor Chandler (Grade1) The QMCC (Grade 1) Then off to Aintree.

Finians Rainbow is a proven 2 miler and QMCC winners don’t win King George’s, better than him have tried and failed.

Spinter Sacre has the world at his feet. He may well be the best we have ever seen and it would be foolish not to at least try him, as soon as possible, at a longer trip.

To win the QMCC all he has to say is boo!! and nothing will take him on.

If they both stick to 2 miles the media would probably try to make a Kauto V Denman out of Sprinter V Finians but "boring" as the result would be inevitable.

It is not as cut and dry as we may think. A lot of in house politics to be sorted out before we know which horse goes where.

I couldn’t back Sprinter Scare at the moment until the picture is 100% clear but I would back him to remain unbeaten in 2013.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

From my blog:

I can find no record of tipsters in The Old Testament although I suppose you could class prophets in the same group. Anyone recommending a bet on David against Goliath would doubtless have been laughed off the track – in this case The Valley of Elah.

A valley in the Cotswolds is where my David in the shape of Sanctuaire will hopefully face Goliath next March in the QM Champion Chase. Sprinter Sacre is already as short as evens for the race. Sanctuaire is 50s with Coral.

I need not list the talents of Sprinter Sacre who could be one of the best we’ve seen. But much can happen in a year and a key event comes up in three weeks time in the shape of The Maghull Novices’ Chase at Aintree. That’s the next planned run for Sanctuaire and he could well get an early sight of Sprinter Sacre alongside him at the start. The Arkle winner appeared to take little out of himself and connections will be tempted to run at Aintree.

But between now and then, I doubt Sanctuaire will get any longer than 50s for next year’s QM and he might go shorter on the run up to the Maghull. If Nicky Henderson keeps his ‘black aeroplane’ at home over Aintree then Sanctuaire will, I believe, have a strong chance of winning the race. Last year’s winner, Finian’s Rainbow got a post-Maghull quote of 10/1 for the QM and supporters collected on that last week.

Even if he finishes runner-up to Sprinter Sacre at Aintree, he will be much shorter than 50s for next year’s big race.

Sanctuaire was a talented but moody sort over hurdles. More evidence is needed that fencing has changed his attitude, but in his two steeplechases so far, he has looked as though he cannot wait until he reaches the next fence so he can fly it. After his Sandown victory last time, his trainer, Paul Nicholls (who has a fine record in The Maghull) said this:

”He got a bit fed up with hurdles and had a few hard races, but he´s an awesome jumper and fences could be the making of him. He´ll be really interesting next year and could be very goodin the big two-mile chases. Horses who gallop and jump like that can take a bit of catching and he could be good in a race like the Tingle Creek.”

Sanctuaire’s chasing victories have been class 4 small field events – from those to running a big race in the QM is an awful long way. But he’s only 6, we know from his hurdling career he has talent and his trainer seems to be eyeing the big 2m prizes for next season. He might not be good enough to beat Sprinter Sacre at Cheeltenham but he could easily be placed and at 50s, I think an EW bet is very good value.

Good luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1750

Steeplechasing

I have to say I agree with you. I wasn’t sure after Taunton if Nicholls was going to get another quick run in and chance his arm at Cheltenham this year. It would be interesting to see him at Aintree and the 50/1 you quote might be a decent EW shout if all goes well.

• Total Posts 1533

Could well be placed if that’s where PN aims him but why bother wasting your win stake?

Something could go a miss with Sprinter Sacre and it would have to for him to lose but then there are others like Sizing Europe and Finian’s still to beat.

I’d be more tempted to nibble and nibble at the place market as you could have a some bet come the day should he tun up.

I should add I think he’s about as reliable as Cambodian Riel and you’d also be gambling on which Sanctuaire turned up.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

bit of a no-brainer this one. sprinter sacre, provided he doesn’t get injured, is the best 2 miler since moscow flyer and will win this race easily.

not much point analysing beyond that.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

incidentally sprinter sacre will almost certainly NOT run in the king george next year. he’ll be kept to 2 miles. once he has beaten everything around in the 2 mile division, they’ll be tempted to step him up in distance.

• Total Posts 1533

Less of this Moscow Flyer stuff please! let’s get this straight Sprinter Sacre is the new Arkle :lol: Can’t have these mules being compared with him now can we?

On a serious note we could be in for the most uncompetitive time in history with regards to 2 mile chasers.

He’s already the best 2 miler in the country and with natural improvement nothing will be within a stone of him next year.

If he does improve even a little we’ll be lucky if there are 5 runners in next season QMCC

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Sprinter Sacre looks a banker for the next few years given his class.

For those who enjoy taking the chance and backing ante post, he will surely go off 1/2 or less cometh the day! You can bank on Mr Henderson looking after him!!

I would say backing:

Sprinter Sacre/Big Bucks/Quevega in a trixie could be a nice looking bet come March 2013

8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

50s Sanctuaire not looking too bad now – as low as 6s with Ladbrokes

• Total Posts 1533

Hope you backed him each way.

He was very impressive and never put a foot wrong.

Barry Geharty quote after watching: "That’s great we at least have something that can at least can give me a lead for 3 fences" 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

I’d say a literal interpretation of yesterday’s form would see Sanctuaire comfortably rated higher than Sprinter Sacre. 12/1 for QM with Totesport still a daft price imo – Ladbrokes much nearer the mark

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.