The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Anne Stakes 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2019 Queen Anne Stakes 2019

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1992

Couldn’t find a previous thread for this race.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/queen-anne-stakes/winner

Le Brivido has joined Aidan O’Brien and, despite his obvious frailty, looks well overpriced at 25/1. I’ve already backed him eachway for this (before the news broke on twitter). The 50/1 about Addeybb doesn’t look terrible either. These older milers are going to have to make hay before an outstanding crop of 3 year-olds emerge so I’d expect a smaller proportion of those listed to have autumn-orientated campaigns than usual.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31721

Interesting stuff, TKF. tbh Hadn’t noticed they had a Queen Anne market up yet. :good:
    If both/either Le Brivido or Addeybb get there I think you’ll have excellent bets. Just not for me. Always reluctant to back horses who’ve been off the course so often. Certainly on previous form Le Brivido is value and has won at Royal Ascot too; trouble is his price is not about form. It is all about how likely he is of making it there. Also impossible for me to have an opinion at this stage to say how much ability he’ll retain after injury. In those circumstances 12/1 might be value, your 25/1 might be value, but also 100/1 might NOT be value if only a very small chance of running. Addeybb is also great value on ability, but how likely is soft ground at that time of year? Connections will never again race him on a firm surface after what happened at Newbury. Trainer has expressed a wish to step the horse up in trip in future too.

One I like at the prices is 20/1 Century Dream for Simon Crisford’s yard. Ran an excellent race at Ascot in the QEII despite the run of the race not going for him. Looked the winner at one stage, but jockey probably went for home too far out and/or just didn’t get home over a mile on very soft ground. Still did best of those up with the pace. 3/4 length 3rd to Roaring Lion. That performance suggests to me he could improve further once returned to slightly less of a test of stamina… And we know he goes well both at Ascot and on a firm surface; beaten less than a length in this year’s Queen Anne.

Good luck TKF, this thread has made me back Century Dream, so thanks.

Value Is Everything
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2338

If push came to shove to have a bet now, i would prob chuck a few shillings at Lord Glitters. Older milers look thin on the ground again this year

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Really great to hear this week that Barney Roy is back in action this season after failing to fire (quite literally) at stud! 🙂 On the card for the Queen Anne trial next week, he was one of my favourite wins of recent times in the St James Palace 2 years ago . I can’t resist the 20/1 on Bet365 for the Queen Anne itself. I also like Without Parole in this, he’s been a bit disappointing since his SJP win last season but having also backed him that day I’ve been following him closely since and I really still wonder whether the key is just rattling quick ground. The step up in trip to the Juddmonte wasn’t ideal for him, so he never got the chance to show that SJP form again on GF. He also bolted up at Yarmouth on his second start and it was super quick that day. John Gosden did say 9-10F would be his optimum this year so I’ll be keeping the powders dry for now and watching closely, but the owners think a lot of him and a return to Ascot on GF could really suit. The other to note is surely Auxerre after his Lincoln romp. For now I’ll stick to Barney Roy as my antipost. A lot to do after a year off but apart from Beauty Generation has easily the best form. Does anyone know the latest on Beauty Generation? Is he definitely being aimed at this?

Barney Roy 20/1 Bet365

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6526

Polydream for me if turning up

Looked a potential top class horse last season but had terrible luck in the foret then at the breeders cup

This division is very weak, beauty generation aside, she has the potential to be better than these lot if she can stay a mile

Money will be staying in my pocket till we see her running over a mile, freddy head has said she will reappear over that trip so it will be worth watching

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Canvassed @ 33/1 e/w

Runs today in the trial for the race. Hopeful of a big run. Think he’s special.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7640

I CAN FLY 20/1

Put her up in my thread and when you think horses who show form at Ascot can repeat back here again of those older milers in Europe could say got best form that was 2nd behind Roaring Lion last year while recent runs not great could be a staright 1m back at this venue what she needs.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Haven’t seen it but looked a good first run back from Barney Roy today pulling 3L clear of the third. Will surely come on for that and hopefully give CA the confidence to run in the Queen Anne having previously said he wouldnt be campaigned at group 1 this year . 20/1 all gone now

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Barney Roy now 10/1 Joint Fav with William Hill I noticed today

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

I’m on Le Brivido at 16s for this.

Hopefully be favourite after saturdays Lockinge.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1992

As the opening post of this thread suggests, I’ve been mad keen on Le Brivido for this since last season (well, more accurately since his Jersey Stakes win). Gutted about the debacle of last season but this looks the logical target now with Moore booked for the Lockinge on Saturday. Also, Olmedo would be interesting if turning up here, think he’s getting back to his best now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

I too am on Le Brivido at 25s after his eye-catching run first time out for AOB.

He’ll be an interesting watch here, as at one stage i thought he had the potential to be top drawer. Hopefully he’s still got that potential.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Added Without Parole at 16/1 before the lockhinge

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6526

Barney Roy declared to run 6pm longchamp tomorrow

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

AH yes thanks for the heads up FF. hmmm not sure about the soft ground for him?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

He’s a bit of an outsider, but I’ve liked Regal Reality since his early days, and although he has a lot of of improvement to find on recent runs, I still hope that the improvement will come.

He might flop again tomorrow at Sandown, but I’ll go with him each way at 25-1

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7640

ACCEDENTIAL AGENT 14/1

A feeling can turn form around won race last year so for him to come on again after 3rd in Lockinge and think can win again and being a course winner do it again.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.