The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 478 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1688

That other thread is discussing last year’s race. Let’s start fresh.

Current market (best odds available):

4/1 Sea The Stars
    6/1 Stacelita
    7/1 Fame And Glory
    12/1 Conduit, Vision d’Etat
    16/1 Beheshtam, Le Havre, Cutlass Bay
    20/1 Casual Conquest, Fuisse, Tartan Bearer
    25/1 Adlerflug, Aizavoski, Ask, Cima de Triomphe, Gan Amhras, Masterofthehorse, Rip Van Winkle, Soldier Of Fortune, Youmzain
    33/1 bar

Current bets.

Beheshtam (16/1 – Stan James)
    Conduit (12/1 – Ladbrokes)
    Spanish Moon (33/1 – Stan James)

Sir Michael seems to have an embarrassment of riches for this race and/or other season-ending title races (Breeders’ Cup, CXHKIR, Japan Cup etc)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve already backed Stacelita down to 6/1 from 16/1, and have had a smaller interest in Vision D’Etat at 14/1 (though I don’t envisage anything other than the place part of the latter bet being of any use).

Reputations will either be confirmed or shattered during the trials, but at this point in time Stacelita is a stand out. Sea The Stars is unlikely to run given the unpredictable ground, but Rouget’s filly has no such limitations and could be difficult to beat – the likes of Fame And Glory, Le Havre, Casual Conquest and Tartan Bearer certainly hold no fears.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

I wouldn’t underestimate Fame and Glory – Derby not run to suit, otherwise unbeaten and looking better the further he’s travelled. He’ll be a major player at Longchamp if he gets there.

• Total Posts 1415

No way will Sea The Stars win. His Derby form isn’t as good as his Guineas form IMO. That could be down to the slow early pace but then you’d have to suggest he would improve over the trip for a faster gallop. Can’t see that being the case for a second.

Stacelita, Fame And Glory and Conduit – its between those three nothing else is good enough.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

I’ve already backed Stacelita down to 6/1 from 16/1, and have had a smaller interest in Vision D’Etat at 14/1 (though I don’t envisage anything other than the place part of the latter bet being of any use).

Reputations will either be confirmed or shattered during the trials, but at this point in time Stacelita is a stand out. Sea The Stars is unlikely to run given the unpredictable ground, but Rouget’s filly has no such limitations and could be difficult to beat – the likes of Fame And Glory, Le Havre, Casual Conquest and Tartan Bearer certainly hold no fears.

Spot on Equi – half the fun of ante-post betting is working out what will run. In Stacelita’s case it was very obvious straight after the Diane that there’d be only one race for her – the Arc.

With FAG (post Epsom at least) there were any number of targets, same with STS (though he’s more than likely to run) and Tartan Bearer and Conduit – SMS likes a run in the US and with the Man O’ War and Turf Classic around then as well as the Canadian International I could see them running over there.

• Total Posts 1537

I’ve taken three horses. I’ll refrain from taking anymore because i’m just gonnae stick to these and hope for the best.

Stacelita 8/1
    Le Havre 54/1
    Conduit 13/1

Vive la france

http://i42.tinypic.com/35a6ftc.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I couldn’t back Stacelita with someone else’s money. She’s no Zarkava and fillies really struggle to win Arcs without the class of last year’s winner. Stacelita certainly does not possess Zarkava’s level of ability.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

My other major problem with the filly and her chances of winning an Arc? She’s an on pace runner who’ll be carting the field up to the Coolmore rabbit employed to help F&G.

NO HOPE!!!!

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

She dealt with the pacemaker in The Diane well enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Behave yourself Red :lol: Would like to think she did that lot would be tailed off in the Arc

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Its an obvious point but Stacelita will sure be at the head of things and there was a pacemaker in the Diane and Lemaire was pretty sensible there posting a fast time, so I expect a pacemaker in The Arc shouldn’t be a hindrance for her.

pevaldo
    • Total Posts 4

Has Adlerflug been retired does anyone know?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

A couple of things in her fav are her age/sex allowance and the fact fillies tend to improve more than the colts from August through to October.

3 year olds have a cracking record in the race hence Conduit is a a massive 12/1 for a race he looks certain to be going for.

I’ve grabbed him EW as if he goes close or wins on Saturday his odds will at least half.

Fame and Glory at 8’s was snatched up which is no surprise and the’ve gone for him again today and is now fav.

The French also have Vision D’Etat who finished upsides Ask last year can’t surely win.

No doubt they will come up with something else before the race.

I just can’t see anything that will cope with Conduits speed if he gets the run of the race the track looks perfect for him.

Soft ground could go in Fame and Glory’s favour as it would asual conquests and that could be very much ib there fav. Especially the former getting his weight allowance.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yes I saw the Diane demolition but the Arc is a different kettle of fish doing the donkey work out front against boys and older animals. She would need to be better than Zarkava for mine to win an Arc with that racing style.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Has Adlerflug been retired does anyone know?

Fractured cannon bone mate would assume so.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Conduit is a 4yo, Fist.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I’m fairly sure Fist is pointing out that in his opinion Conduit is such a large price due to him not being 3yo.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 478 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.