The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Put the following horses in order…

Home Forums Horse Racing Put the following horses in order…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Put the following horses in order for a race run now at a mile at Newmarket on good to firm going, and assuming that all the horses are fit and well:

Arch Swing<br>Cockney Rebel<br>Dutch Art<br>Finsceal Beo<br>Simply Perfect<br>Teofilo <br>Vital Equine

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

…with fillies getting an allowance

1 Finsceal Beo<br>2 Teofilo<br>3 Cockney Rebel<br>4 Arch Swing<br>5 Dutch Art<br>6 Vital Equine<br>7 Simply Perfect

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Teofilo<br>Finsceal Beo<br>Cockney Rebel<br>Dutch Art<br>Arch Swing<br>Vital Equine<br>Simply Perfect

Credit to Bolger for turning out Finsceal Beo so quickly. Much more to lose than to gain by running I think.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Teofilo<br>Finsceal Beo<br>Dutch Art<br>Cockney Rebel<br>Arch Swing<br>Vital Equine<br>Simply Perfect

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Quote: from davidjohnson on 10:56 am on May 12, 2007[br]Credit to Bolger for turning out Finsceal Beo so quickly. Much more to lose than to gain by running I think.

Credit, indeed. There was some adverse comment when Bolger opted to run FB in the Rockfel last autumn soon after her win in the Boussac but she actually enhanced her reputation in the Rockfel and she would certainly do so again if she were to win on Sunday and then take the Irish race.

I can’t split Cockney Rebel and Finsceal Beo. Third is Vital Equine then there’s a tie between Teofilo and Dutch Art. Arch Swing is next followed by Simply Perfect.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

We ought to wait for the French races at Longchamp tomorrow before forming a more concrete opinion, however how anyone can put a 3yo who hasn’t raced this season at the top of their list – heaven knows !

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

The point was to ask people this question BEFORE the added clues of the French races!

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Your list looks about right, Prufrock – I’d only maybe switch Arch Swing and Dutch Art.

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

Dutch Art<br>Finsceal Beo<br>Teofilo<br>Arch Swing<br>Cockney Rebel<br>Simply Perfect<br>Vital Equine

But the next racecourse evidence might well see Teofilo back in front.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

What is the general consensus about whether there was any draw bias? Or if not a draw bias as such, an advantage in racing in the low group because of the way the race was run. Initially I was thinking there was little in it, but on reviewing my figures, of those that could be described as ‘running their race’ to a certain degree, I had Dutch Art 4 lb below form, US Ranger 5 lb,  Strategic Prince 6 lb, Haatef 10 lb, Yellowstone 4 lb and Tobosa 9 lb. Although arguably Tobosa and Haatef possibly didn’t stay, you could argue that on average, that that bunch were 2 lengths worse off with the low-drawn group. Food for thought when it comes to the Irish Guineas and St James Palace perhaps?                                    

Maurice
    Participant
    • Total Posts 355

Bear in mind, you’d expect them to be brought to a peak for this race and for the principals to improve on previous form.

My figures say the far side were disadvantaged to the tune of about four lengths.

Consider this:

1. _ Dutch Art <br>2.1¼ US Ranger<br>3.1¼ Strategic Prince<br>4.1¾ Haatef

If that was the result on the day, in the time that the far side achieved relative to the other races over there, it would be hailed a top, top Guineas.

On times, Dutch Art works out 17lbs (before the 13lbs wfa) faster than Beaver Patrol (RPR 102), who also raced on the far side, and 31lbs (+wfa) faster than Wannabe Posh (RPR 99+), the winner of the last.

(Edited by Maurice at 3:30 pm on May 13, 2007)

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

With the benefit of hindsight, any rethinks after the French 1000?

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from Lingfield on 4:50 pm on May 13, 2007[br]With the benefit of hindsight, any rethinks after the French 1000?

<br>Not really, but before and after the French 2000 the omission of Creachadoir from list was/is shocking :biggrin:

(Edited by empty wallet at 5:00 pm on May 13, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

On which piece of form prior to today could Creachadoir be rated higher than 111/112?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.