The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

puppys

Home Forums Lounge puppys

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

This thread brings back memories because my first tentative thread was on the same subject and it too developed into a cats v dogs – no goldfish devotees in those days.

I’ve got a Japanese Shiba Inu called Charlie. He is red in colour and very foxy looking – hence the name. He was a top show dog in his youth and won best yearling at his breed show although now we just keep him as a pet.

Shibas are very hard to train and are very aloof but we love them because they have a big dog personality in a small package. They can be left all day and are very quiet although they can climb well and, as hunting dogs, don’t come to their name which means you can’t let them off the extender lead when out on walks.

We’ve no time for cats – especially those ones who use our front garden as a litter tray.

We don’t have any other animals at present except our horses.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

You’re leaving home and you only just got him? :oops: Oh noooooooo … sneak him away with you he’s still small enough to fit in your pocket :lol:

Yeah my mum bought him but now i’m so attached lol :cry: although he can be a litte pest at times! Will be home for Xmas though so should be very fun
    :lol:

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

I’ve got a Japanese Shiba Inu called Charlie. He is red in colour and very foxy looking – hence the name. He was a top show dog in his youth and won best yearling at his breed show although now we just keep him as a pet.

awwww he sounds really cute!

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

They can be left all day and are very quiet although they can climb well and, as hunting dogs, don’t come to their name which means you can’t let them off the extender lead when out on walks.

Well I wish Charlie would nip over here and train that one that lives two doors away – he does nothing but bark! :lol:

reetpetite
    • Total Posts 54

I have a rather elderly Wire Haired Fox Terrier. He gets confused, has poor sight and appears to be deaf until he hears a packet of crisps being opened or the rattle of saucepans in the kitchen then there’s no sign of a problem :lol:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Well as a result of being too soft in the head and heart by half in recent years (we’re starting to learn), my mother and I share our house with:

two retired greyhounds (mine)
    one greyhound who was never in training (belongs to anyone who will fuss her, the tart)
    one elderly mongrel of unfathomable descent
    two lurchers bred from our sadly now deceased American (ie tall) Whippet
    another lurcher bred from the snippet, who is a bit mental and lives in the conservatory away from the others

Cats by the names of Bundle (aka Elasticat), Big Cat, Little Cat, Pissed Cat, Bendy Cat and Purrwell

We also have two retired ponies outside and until a passing local fox decided to wreak havoc we also had two cockrels called Bird One and Bird Two.

Yes, it’s a madhouse.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well as a result of being too soft in the head and heart by half in recent years (we’re starting to learn), my mother and I share our house with:

two retired greyhounds (mine)
    one greyhound who was never in training (belongs to anyone who will fuss her, the tart)
    one elderly mongrel of unfathomable descent
    two lurchers bred from our sadly now deceased American (ie tall) Whippet
    another lurcher bred from the snippet, who is a bit mental and lives in the conservatory away from the others

Cats by the names of Bundle (aka Elasticat), Big Cat, Little Cat, Pissed Cat, Bendy Cat and Purrwell

We also have two retired ponies outside and until a passing local fox decided to wreak havoc we also had two cockrels called Bird One and Bird Two.

Yes, it’s a madhouse.

Yee gads :shock: I bet you have to have 3 jobs to pay the feed bill!
    What a kind Zoz you are :D

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

We have an old cat, two goldfish and a hamster.

The cat keeps pishing in the house, you can smell it but I don’t know where she’s doing it .. people are starting to look at me in an even stranger way at work.

The hamster chews her cage and runs around the wheel when like a nutter when the telly is on, in the night time.

The goldfish don’t do much.

I wouldn’t have a dog .. someone once said that ‘dogs can’t look up’. They are too much like kids and we’ve got them as well.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

We have an old cat, two goldfish and a hamster.

The cat keeps pishing in the house, you can smell it but I don’t know where she’s doing it .. people are starting to look at me in an even stranger way at work. :shock:

The hamster chews her cage and runs around the wheel when like a nutter when the telly is on, in the night time.

I have a hamster! She’s such a sweetie. I am hoping as she’s now 2 she goes peacefully to hamster heaven before I leave as I can’t take her with me :oops:

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Yee gads :shock: I bet you have to have 3 jobs to pay the feed bill!
    What a kind Zoz you are :D

Aaaw shucks :oops: (kind, mental – same difference lol!)

Thanks KT :D

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

Feel guilty for not mentioning Monty and Oliver [the goldfish]
    Oliver [named after monty roberts] was the best looking goldfish at the pet shop and Monty is special coz he was all alone in a tank by himself and looked all lonely so we paired them up and now they are best buds, was hoping for them to have babies but it’s not happened
    must be 2 males or 2 females :cry:
    always know when to feed them coz Oliver shakes himself when i walk past, was trying to get them to follow my finger but it’s just not happening

wow i have went on far too much about boring goldish :oops:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

My hamster died yesterday :oops: ………… poor Pooklet. I thought she was rather quiet, didn’t come out for her bean shoots as usual but thought she’d just had a late night.
    She is now in the freezer awaiting burial………
    Very glad she just went to sleep and headed off peacefully to hammy heaven where she’ll join Poochy who went there last year.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

That’s so sad :cry: At least she went away peacefully like you hoped, the poor little mite :(

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

That’s so sad :cry: At least she went away peacefully like you hoped, the poor little mite :(

Thank you.
    The funeral is tonight – all invited. We’ll have a knees up afterwards – well a tiny one I don’t think she had real knees. :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

The trouble with cute little puppies is that they soon grow into vicious big doggies, crap all over the pavements and playing fields, and rip the throats out of my sheep and small children.

Fry and skewer the lot of them.

:shock: if they are well trained and obedient little pupsters they’re OK :D

• Total Posts 2390

Quite right H…I’ve heard the Mosques up in the Faroe’s had became radicalised. It’s best to be safe. :D

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

didn’t come out for her bean shoots

.. no wonder the poor bugger died .. bean shots !! .. :shock:

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.