The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

puppys

Home Forums Lounge puppys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

I’m getting a lovely little border terrier puppy today, thinking about calling him Quito
    just thought i would start up a topic on dogs :lol:
    what kind of dogs do you have, if you have one

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I’m a cat person myself, although we always had dogs when I was a kid.

Good name though .. Quito .. I like that.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Dogs bad. Cats good.

About as divisive and aged an argument as Flat versus Jumps, to be honest, but I thought I’d state my preference anyway.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Mr Grayson has made his usual authoritative intervention, however, I note that, through some sort of oversight, he has mixed up his mammals. What he intended to say was: ‘Cats bad, dogs good.’

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Have had both cats and dogs and all have been really good. No pets (apart from 2 hamsters which I inherited – one has since gone to hamster heaven and the other will be joining her soon – well she’s nearly 2 and that’s like about 80 in human years they reckon) since being here as keeping a dog or cat cooped up in a unit is not on.
    I had kelpies (Lass and Bess) and two cattle dogs in Australia. They were brothers and called Horse and Cart :lol:
    Have every intention of getting one of each when I get back :D
    Maybe a spaniel of some sort or a pub terrier and a burmese. :D I can’t wait!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

I’m getting a lovely little border terrier puppy today, thinking about calling him Quito

Well I hope your Quito doesn’t have the same problem with his nether regions that the eponymous horse has had to endure, ouch!

Enjoy the little fella.

Dogs okay, cats great: the latest in a long line of elderly second-hand ‘rescue’ mogs met her maker a couple of months ago. Daresay another will be acquired before long.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

My last Burmese was a rescue cat from Caloundra. She was a lilac colour – she was the best cat ever. I hope I find one just as nice.
    :D

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

cats – the sensible animal – they can look after themselves, feed themselves and will come back home on their own

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Cats are wankers.

Dogs are stupid.

Goldfish rule.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

…and women are better than the lot of them.

Well, Mrs Column is, anyway.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

my cat’s had goldfish for breakfast – literally

… and lunch … and dinner … etc

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I don’t believe you Simon.

In fact, I bet your cat probably only eats things like steak tartare and truffles, because anything else would upset his fat, poofy, cat stomach.

I say again – your cat, like all other cats before him, is a feline ****** – and my goldfish could probably knock him clean-out in 2 seconds flat.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

little quito is all settled in i cant stop worrying about him though!!! he is sound asleep in his new basket! he doesnt quite get the hang of using the newspapers! we put him out for the loo but he just wants to chew the plants :lol:

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

he’s brought many a goldfish back and even had a few platys from my tropical tank as well as a careless danio that tried to escape – he even brought a raw pork chop back once that someone had probably put out to defrost

he had next door’s budgie – blue feathers all over the lawn and trying to deny it to an upset 80yo was no fun – a greenfinch and various other less interestingly coloured feathered things

plenty of mice, voles and other furry animals and the odd lizard and frog

i’m disappointed he’s not brought me a koi yet, but he’s only 10 and fit as **** and your goldfish wouldn’t stand a chance

he’s not over keen on steak but is right up for some late night doner kebab – in fact if he was in the shop with me he’d probably start the fight, he’s that hard

i say it’s your goldfish that is the tosser, not my cat

[he’s not brought me a chipmunk either : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOYjYddokY&mode=related&search= :( ]

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I don’t believe you Simon.

In fact, I bet your cat probably only eats things like steak tartare and truffles, because anything else would upset his fat, poofy, cat stomach.

I say again – your cat, like all other cats before him, is a feline ****** – and my goldfish could probably knock him clean-out in 2 seconds flat.

Is this your goldfish? :shock: http://www.fotosearch.com/TME705/705-08/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.