The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pro Gambling

Home Forums Archive Topics Pro Gambling

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    larry layer
    • Total Posts 84

RULE NO.1 – Never play catch up.

This has to be the single most important rule in gambling. Never chase losses, if you are "in running", "cut" losses, but dont chase them.  Your staking plan as described above by the boys will prevent you doing this.  

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

looks like am starting from the bottom again here:biggrin:  goes for 2day hope i have a better day

johncockerill
    • Total Posts 20

I have just come across this topic and I must say that Larry has got it just about spot on.

Personally I have  (or rather had) a £5,000 bank.<br>Initially I bet to win about £1000 per race, therefore betting between £50 and £250 per race.

I rate the bets on a 1-5 points basis depending on the price. Therefore a 10/1 shot would be worth 1 point, or a bet of £50. A 4/1 shot or less would be worth 5 points and a bet of £250.

As the bank of £5,000 goes up or, as in my case, down by 10% then I either increase or decrease my bets accordingly. The points value, 1-5 remains the same.

After a particularly poor run my bank has reduced to £2000 (and I am sleeping in the spare room) and so my bets are now between £20 – £100 per point and I aim to win £200 per bet.

Betting this way my bank should last, if not forever, then for a long time.

I hope this is not too confusing, but the bottom line is.

1) you must have a bank that will not create too much hardship if lost.

2) you must never chase losses by increasing your stake when losing.

3) Be patient and wait for the right betting opportunity, which means perhaps giong for days without betting.

4) Have an understanding wife, husband or partner who will not nag you when on a losing spell. (I was joking about sleeping in the spare room).

Be lucky ( and patient, calm and collected).

John.

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

hey guys £50 win on love everlasting 8-1 :cheesy: <br>bank now £1950 stop now till 2morrow :biggrin:

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

how did all u guys get on 2day

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

1st bet of the day £75 mahoose 2nd 🙁

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

bank back up to £2700 now :biggrin:

paul101
    • Total Posts 27

Hi all , just a couple of points I would like to make first to jw and to people that go racing you asked what to look for in the paddock well jw its so simple most of the time, its a must for racegoers to visit the paddock, I am no expert but believe me most of the time its so obvious, I have seen odds on shots in the ring that look so weak they should be 33/1 outsideres, I have seen a redhot fav run at Redcar with more bandages on than a mummy, kicing and bucking in the ring, imo the easiest to start with is the 2yo if you have say 8 in the ring they are very easy to compare to each otherI look for maturity first,and are they playing up ? some get very much on edge and some dont, look for a nice shine on the coat its easy to spot, watch when the jockey mounts the horse  in the ring, some 2yo’s are just big babys and you can see they panic in the ring they dont know what the hell they are doing there, and they are useing up loads of energy panicking, they sweat buckets, like I say jw I am no expert but most of what I look for is common sense, when you get the older more experienced horses in its much harder to spot a good thing, more form comes into play,muscle  ect.

I have an excellent record backing horses on course, after seeing them, compared to studying the form book at home where like most us I usually  lose money.

Larry Layer if your there mate can you tell me when you are on the exchangers do you find it easier to make money on football and if you do, do you have a stop loss on inplay games if you are loseing, I must agree with you you learn to read them after a while, I am a small player on backing and laying usually a stright hundred pounds per game but if things are not going to plan I find it hard to bring my stop loss into play and can easy lose the lot through not being disiplined, Do you believe the bots are still sucking the value out I think they have gone recently as I can back and lay befor matches to make a profit but obviosly have to risk a lot more than a ton, what are your views?

larry layer
    • Total Posts 84

for paul..

i dont find it that easy to make money on football.  i tend to do the arbs in running and thats it, of course even that is a touch risky in that someone can score whilst you are making the second bet 😉  If i decide to take a position on a match to trade it and it goes wrong then i do stop the loss everytime, usually if i place a bet im hopeing one team scores first and then i can hedge it… but i hardly ever do this because it involves too much risk usually.  might type more later.. :biggrin:

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

bank stands at £3000:biggrin:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

I had a nice go on Ocean Tide yesterday.  Picked up £722 for the bet.  I took 13/2ish.  Gutted!  But at the same time a nice little earner :biggrin:

I wish i’d waited for the 8s though 🙁

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

well done rd so we all on the roll :biggrin:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

Hope you are still doing the system thingy with the £25s.  Sunday was just a temp glitch.  They can’t ALL win 🙂

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

sure am had probls with me pc yesterday couldnt do it

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

Just as well heh?  4/9 shot got turned over HeHeHe

It shows it is just a bit of fun that I can laugh about it.  We’ll get the 25 back and more in the long run.  The actual system runs three weeks, but i’m gonna keep with it on a regular basis.  It’s a bit of fun, and £25 is just play money really.

belly2002
    • Total Posts 61

s**t
    ettrick water £500 win damn<br>bank now £2500

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

220 Hamilton – Night Mist??<br>300 Bath – X<br>330 Bath – La Mouline<br>430 Bath – X<br>520 Hamilton – Fresh As A Rose (GG NB)

This is a copy/paste of my short list for the day.  If you check out GG.com ‘Best Bets’ section, you will see why Fresh as a Rose was on that list.  I feel for you belly.  That is a choker, to lose 500 bills on an odds-on shot.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.