The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

WELL DONE BOTCHY :good: :good: Hell of a price!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

SHE DID IT :rose: :rose: and I got the forecast, fantastic training performance.
    Well done Ginge,Botchy and all who backed her…wonderful mare.
    Now for the Champion.. :good:

Has anyone got a recording of the race as I couldn’t get it…please
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Ecstatic for her. I thought it was going to be a re-run of last year 😥 but she got the gaps this time.

Wish i did the forecast now :wacko:

Thanks everyone and well done to all backers :good:

• Total Posts 14971

Genuinely first time reading the thread, so don’t know what big price you got Botchy, but well done whatever it was lol

Well done other winners, Ginger, N, Jac, and Judge, you put plenty up beforehand, so you’re allowed an aftertime, well done to you too :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Genuinely first time reading the thread, so don’t know what big price you got Botchy, but well done whatever it was lol

Well done other winners, Ginger, N, Jac, and Judge, you put plenty up beforehand, so you’re allowed an aftertime, well done to you too :good:

Backed her a week before the Yorkshire Oaks – Bit spooky now looking back on it :yes:

” Could not resist having a little bit on Found @ 60’s on the exchanges this morning.

Not a shadow of when she beat Golden Horn in the Breeders Cup, but seems to be an Autumn filly.

Late last week i noticed on Oddschecker that she was cut across the boards from 20’s to 3’1 for the Yorkshire Oaks in 2 hours. No idea if it was connections money, but if it was an improved performance may be on the cards. If she runs well you would presume Irish Champion, Arc and USA to follow.”

• Total Posts 14971

Brilliant Botchy :yahoo:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Well done to all winners. I think the cards pretty much landed right for Found and she took advantage. Her change of pace on quick ground was the key.

As for Order Of St George he fully justified his place in the field and emerged with plenty of credit. He had the worst draw and immediately lost three lengths which is about the distance he was beaten. Better draw and more emphasis on stamina and who knows what might have happened. On the day he wasn’t quick enough.

It didn’t look the best renewal on paper and with several fancied runners producing performances between disappointing and dreadful it might not be the easiest race to rate.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Thought the ride Lemaire gave the Japanese horse was horrible. Sent it around on the wide outside with no cover so was running about twice as far as all the others. Obviously there was a concern he could have too much to do if held at the back, but still it was very strange. It smacked of panic. Given the way it fell away in the straight I very much doubt it would have been good enough anyway, but it was given no chance whatsoever.

The Japanese must think they are cursed in this race. Eventually their luck will turn, although I doubt I’ll be rushing to get on their horses in future, as they always seem overhyped when they run in this race, the media lap them up. Plus there’s the difficulty in weighing up the strength of their form.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Thought I was doing well with 13/1 Found and tipping all three AOB’s as value bets. First, second and third.

Found was poorly drawn last year. tbh At this trip – I’d expect her to be held up again this time around, just hope she can get a good run through.

AOB isn’t always my favourite trainer, but all three of his look value in this.

Already done OOSG and Found (13/1), HR only has 1 1/4 lengths to make up on the favourite from York and yet one is 2/1 and the other is 25/1. Shouldn’t quite be good enough in an average year, but this may not be up to an average year. There’s the Irish Champion 7th, but is he not better on a sound surface? If “soft” is not in the going description I may well be backing HR too.

Makahiki is the one “could be anything” in the field.

Can’t match Botchy though. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

Fantastic Found , so classy and consistent at the highest level. Congratulations to all who selected her, particularly those who made her their sole selection.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 986

It’s also uploaded on youtube now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 373

Well done there Ginger T, 100/10 on the tote she made my day, Found did. Also well Done on Marsha, Botchyone!

Best Wishes
    Silk

TimJames
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

……. I’ve backed Found @ 65’s ( posted earlier ) …

Nice one Botchy :good:

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Well done Botchy, what a price, and well done other winners too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Straight focast paid 176.8 😥

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

65s Botchy? Inspired punting – well done.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.