The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 251

Come on Japan!

They deserve a winner,I was actually at Longchamp in 2012 when Orfevre absolutely threw the race away and thought the Japanese fella next to me was going to throw himself off the grandstand!

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

Never has a winner been so easy to find !

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Never has a winner been so easy to find !

Presume you mean Postponed? Hmmm you might be right but we’ll see.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

HKJC include the Arc and the Opera in their simulcast form guide, downloadable here:

http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/overseas/English/RaceCard.aspx?para=/20161002/S1/8

interesting to see 41-year-old New Zealander Lisa Allpress having rides in their first and sixth races also being simulcast from Nakayama – potential 10,000 / 1 double there by the reference odds.

http://japanracing.jp/_news2016/160908.html
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/7379048/Lisa-Allpress-clinches-jockey-premiership

Participant
    • Total Posts 1929

Postponed is one of the most chill horses before a race, like he hasn’t got a care in the world. Have a look when they are about to load up. If he is the same again then I’d be confident of a huge run.

Makahiki is my each way play. That wasn’t just his prep run last time, that was his first run in 3 and a half months and this will be just the 7th race of his career. The ground has come good for him as well.

Postponed Win 2/1
    Makahiki Each Way 7/1

Final decision.

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

No Judge did not mean postponed. Will not be cryptic in future. FOUND has strong claims at a value price.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

if the international ratings are correct, Harzand is the only runner carrying what he should be carrying – ie rated 123 and carrying 123.

all the rest are carrying more. on that basis, Makahiki is next (rated 121, carrying 123).

of the other market leaders: Postponed rated 124, carries 131. Found rated 122, carries 128.

so (if his last race explained away by the injury), Harzand does not have to improve whereas the others do ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

so (if his last race explained away by the injury), Harzand does not have to improve whereas the others do ?

Nah; the international classifications and each country’s ratings don’t take age and gender into account.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

I keep telling you all Silverware ran three seconds faster than the Japanese horse last time out and is still 25/1 !!! Huge price IMO

Sometimes overall times mean something, sometimes they don’t.
    French trials are invarialy slowly run, they went faster early in Silverwave’s than the other trials that day, Raymo. Therefore the overall time was faster. Compared to races run at equal fractions Silverwave’s performance wasn’t exceptional.

If anything, Makahiki’s was the best “time” performance, but not because the overall time was anything special. It’s the fact he came from further back in a race run with very slow early fractions. Doing it against the pace bias.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

Backed New Bay a while back and still think he could go well. I’ve been tempted by Left Hand each way this morning though. Not the best draw but hoping this may not be as bad a disadvantage with the race being run at Chantilly.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Harzand still the best value by quite some way imo

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Harzand still the best value by quite some way imo

I don’t think he’ll be quick enough on this ground Joe.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

That’s my girl . Hacks up ! :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Easy does it for the filly. Well done Found backers and Aidan – what a trainer. Suspect that’s the first time that’s been achieved – 1,2,3

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

yep nice result backed her about 8 months ago after a chat with steve

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

horrible aftertiming but did have a slight saver on Found.

shocking run by the Japanese horse there which was my main hope- time to put a line through these Japanese horses, as I think they get overhyped by the media.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

What a performance!! Trainer with the first three most impressive :good: :good:

And when she is good she is very good!!

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.