The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Arc 2019

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

He will go i’m sure.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6488

Will be irish champion stakes then here youd think

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Its no secret I’m a great fan of Charlie Appleby’s giant of a horse Ghaiyyath :heart: and was blown away by his 14 length win at Baden Baden in a Group 1 this afternoon over 1m4f.
    Surely John Gosden must now be just a litte worried that there is now a very serious threat to Enable winning her 3rd Arc and rightly so.
    Managed to get the 33/1 minutes after he past the post and looking forward to this race more than ever now.

Ghaiyyath WIN
    33/1

:good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6488

Is he a horse that needs to get his own way in front or is he more versatile than that?

As cant see him getting the smooth run he got yesterday in a race as big as this

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

I think all Ghaiyyath did there was enhance the chances of Waldgeist who beat him easily, and Enable who has beaten Waldgeist.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6488

Ghaiyyath definitely didnt run his race in the ganay behind waldgeist

Maybe it came too soon for him just 3 weeks after as he goes well fresh

If that was the case then will the gap between races be big enough this time as he is clearly a hard horse to get right

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

I do think he is a horse who is happy leading the pack,if Will Buick manages to get him out in front he will be hard to pass and then we will find out if he was off colour when he ran 3rd to Waldgeist in The Ganay and if he can lay it down to Enable by setting a strong pace from the front.
    It’s a big ask but he can only go out there and try his best.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

After the Ganay they said he wants a mile and a half and a soft lead. His wellbeing wasn’t questioned.
    I expect one or two will take him on up front in the Arc. Will be interesting.

Mike Waldgeist ew 33-1 v Triptych Ghaiyyath win 33-1. Bring it on. :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Look forward to it Mike :good:
    Battle of the Giants. Think I might also play the Tricast combination Ghaiyyath
    Enable
    Waldgeist

Just watched the 1986 Arc on You Tube where Dancing Brave cruised past Bering and Triptych to win one of the best Arcs ever..Khalid Abdullah 33 years later still a force to be reckoned with, we will have to watch our backs…
    Let battle commence 😉

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

I have a bet on Enable at 7-4 too to win, and Sir Dragonet 20-1, so will have my eyes in 3 places. :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16289

Very wise Mike 😉

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

Trials day today. Waldgeist and Sottsass in action.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 831

Not sure what to go with here, I know that I dont think enable will win though. I will wait for final entries, draw and ground before deciding though I do like Japan, Ghayyaith amd Star Catcher though I dont think the latter is going.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

I have a feeling that she won’t win either Potato, but I do hope I’m wrong.

I won’t be looking for a bet in this, but I do think that Japan at 6-1 looks like a big price.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Enable will win easily, 4/5 even now looks big.

But the value imo lies with waldgeist and magical e/w, very hard to see either of them unplaced, japan wont be in the top 3, sotsass still has to step up, and ghaiyaath will need a miracle to get it his own way up front, if he does, you never know, but i couldnt touch him.o

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 831

8 horses have won 2 Arcs no horse has won 3. They all said Treve was a certainty as well. Its a huge ask to win 3 arcs, especially when you consider she was probably lucky that the sea of stars colt found himself in the position he did last year. Her best arc win was as a 3yo but that didnt come at Longchamp.
    For me Enable is just a horse to watch, I dont think she will do it but if she does then you can enjoy watching history being made and an all time legend created, you dont need to bet her and her price is ridiculous.

Japan has a serious chance as an improving 3yo colt who comes here having won a 3yo group 1 and then passing his test first time racing against his elders in a group 1 last time. He arrives in the form of his life and on an upward curve. He has a CD win and is trained by the worlds most powerful trainer and will be ridden by one of the worlds best jockeys. To brush aside the clear chance that this horse has is foolish to say the least.

Japan is far and away the most likliest winner of this race.

Ghaiyyath brings a sensational performance last time to the table and cant be ruled out.

Its actually easy to see both Magical and Waldgeist being unplaced in an arc. Just watch the 2018 running.

No bets yet for me though.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

After the Ganay they said he wants a mile and a half and a soft lead. His wellbeing wasn’t questioned.
    I expect one or two will take him on up front in the Arc. Will be interesting.

Mike, where are those comments about Ghaiyyath, do you have them somewhere?

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.