The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Portland Handicap 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Portland Handicap 2009

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Not a race to put a decent stake on obnviously, but pennies for interest. I used a random number generator which came up with 19, Northern Dare 25/1. Once i took a look at that particular horse i thought “why not” ? There a good enough reverse in weights with one of the favourites on collateral form to suggest he might be a not bad outside chance. These races really are a shot in the dark alot of the time.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Santo Padre

for me – only had eight runs in his career, has improved throughout the season, shouldn’t mind the faster ground and is well drawn.

I took some of the 20/1 yesterday evening (my blog will confirm that) and have had some of the 16/1 this morning too.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I really fancy Barney MacGrew for this, but I can’t bring myself to back something as low as 14 in coldblood, so I’ll just watch the race.

wullscotia
    • Total Posts 2

I’ve took a daft turn and stuck £50 win Tony The Tap @ 22/1 with corals.

Good luck to all betting

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Jaconet is seen by some as an all-weather horse, but she’s actually improved on her AW ratings each time she’s met fast ground on turf.
    Still improving, completely routed lesser opposition on her last start, and today’s extended 5f on g/f should be right up her street. Has a good draw for a horse that likes to lead, too.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’ve took a daft turn and stuck £50 win Tony The Tap @ 22/1 with corals.

Good luck to all betting

Good luck with that one. That’s a fair wager for a lottery of a race, regardless of your bank.

dannyanders
    • Total Posts 35

intrepid jack 6 ell suit and ground

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

2 horses i have followed for several years in

Fullandby

at 36 and

River Falcon

at 30 will be the pair i will support as i feel both could surprise over this trip! or run like pigs which both are more than capable of!!
    Just an interest!

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Well done Equitrack. Nicely tore along the last furlong and won nicely. Nice price aswell.

Northern Dare done alright with the standside mob, just didn’t have that bit extra, although it was a fairly tight nit finish between the rest.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Not a bad result, but the double with Monitor Closely would have been nicer :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.