The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Photoshop

Home Forums Horse Racing Photoshop

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

Did you know that there’s a place online where you can view and purchase photo finish prints?

Here’s the url:

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/gorac … ofinishes/

I’m thinking of buying the print for the 7.20 at my favourite Kempton Park on Wednesday. A visual display of just how hard it can be to get by one of Braveheart’s………….

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

The only comment I would make before people look at the site and begin questioning judges decisions – the photo finishes on the site are the low resolution versions of the photo finishes – the ones used by the judges to decide the result are ultra high resolution and much clearer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

My missus who knows very little about horse racing can’t understand how it can take a lot less time to decide a dead heat than it does to decide a clear winner.
    I tend to agree.

I’m sure James Willoughby will take it up the next time he’s on RUK, he’s never been one to shirk an issue.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

My missus who knows very little about horse racing can’t understand how it can take a lot less time to decide a dead heat than it does to decide a clear winner.

It probably depends on the judge!!!

On the one hand there is a particular judge who will call a short head, even on occasion a nose verdict, without calling a photo finish yet there are others who will call a photograph for a head decision.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

It probably depends on the judge!!!

Same one on this occasion, how can he take a lot longer to decide a clear cut winner than a dead heat on the same card?

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

Holy too close-to-calls Batman.

Robin’s gonna have Kempton Park blown-up.

Today or tomorrow he says………

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

Conspiracy Nutjobs 1 Smudge the Judge 0

http://www.britishhorseracing.presscent … 3-3f1.aspx

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

too modest.

shouldn’t that be:

Glenn 1 System 0 ?

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Conspiracy Nutjobs 1 Smudge the Judge 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Shame on Racing Post journalists and RUK presenters for totally ignoring such an important issue.

Without the Betfair forum this would have been neatly swept under the carpet.

What could possibly be the reason for a judge to get something so wrong and in such a cavalier fashion?
    How can it be right for any judge to have so much power that he can get the result so wrong yet it passes by without question by the racing authorities?

Is it possible corruption could be involved here?

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Is it possible corruption could be involved here?

Unlikely – I would say it’s 99% ego in this case

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

It’s a strange a decision.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Impressed with the quick resolution to the problem by the BHA.

02/07/2013 17:28
    Following an internal investigation regarding the announcement of the incorrect result in the £200 Free Bets At Betdaq Maiden Stakes at Kempton on Wednesday 26th June 2013, the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has established that Standard Operating Procedures were not followed, and has today informed Dave Smith that it has terminated its contract of services with him.

Dave Smith will no longer act as a judge at British racecourses, but BHA acknowledges his contribution and service over the last 13 years.

zanybody
    Participant
    • Total Posts 73

You only hear what they want you to hear.

Nothing to do with conspiracy theories just a fact of life.

There will always be more to the story than the press release or conference tells you. Think it’s called news management.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.