The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Papineau

Home Forums Horse Racing Papineau

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Love Divine
    • Total Posts 198

Sorry for another ‘where are they’, but does any one know where he is, or was?

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

At stud in normandy.

Love Divine
    • Total Posts 198

Thanks very much Yorkshirepudding. Was wondering if he was standing somewhere especially now that Silver Patriarch has been retired. Could you give the name of the stud if you know it please?

Denman
    • Total Posts 1

Papineau is on the Darley rehoming Scheme. He is apparantly being trained as a dressage horse. http://www.darleyrehoming.co.uk/stories.asp

Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 739

Does this mean that he has been gelded? Why, was he infertile or just unpopular. The photographs on the site show two different horses, one with a blaze, who I presume is Papaneau & a horse with a small white star.

Love Divine
    • Total Posts 198

Shame if he has been gelded, if not infertile, especially with the retirement of Silver Patriach. From my memory the one in the field is Papineau – really handsome horse.
    Thank you very much for the information.

Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 739

He must have been gelded as the site mentions that they onlywork with geldings. Perhaps he was infertile, didn’t Silver Patriarch have low fertility?
    Any way he seems to be enjoying life but it would be interesting to know why he had been gelded.

Love Divine
    • Total Posts 198

Immediately after logging off I realised he must have been gelded as they wouldn’t re-home an entire. SP did okay for a few years. Real pity – easy with hindsight to say though.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Papineau was retired too stud i read a couple of years ago I agree with others in that something must have gone wrong for him too have got the snip. At least he has been rehomed and is not on a frenchmans dinner plate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.